Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil spring for Q5 SF


Recommended Posts

Has anyone found a replacement spring or a guiderod that works with this gun without having to drill a hole in the back? 
https://dpmsystems.com/walther-p99qr-ppqppq-m2-long-slide-9mm-40sw-357sig


I use this in my CZ and it works great definitely softens recoil if you tune with right spring

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jdlincoln said:

ZR is now listing a SF Guiderod with the hole pre-drilled. Cover it with a Wilson 13# 5" 1911 flatwire spring and you're GTG with 130-135PF ammo.

I just ordered one of these. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jdlincoln said:

ZR is now listing a SF Guiderod with the hole pre-drilled. Cover it with a Wilson 13# 5" 1911 flatwire spring and you're GTG with 130-135PF ammo.

 

Just ordered one today. Already have the springs

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wolff glock 12 lb recoil spring. Works great.  Credit to the poster in the big thread.  It's the round wire one and it fits over the stock guide rod.  You do need to slightly stretch open with a bird beak plier the narrow end that goes over the guide rod.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2019 at 7:51 AM, dee loo said:

Wolff glock 12 lb recoil spring. Works great.  Credit to the poster in the big thread.  It's the round wire one and it fits over the stock guide rod.  You do need to slightly stretch open with a bird beak plier the narrow end that goes over the guide rod.

Thanks, can the slide move maximum distance with the round wire? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, stock said:

Why won't the 13 work ? I'm on the fence about changing the guid rod as I have  a few hundred through the gun with no issues . 3.7 of tight group with 124 fmj is right around 130 p.f. for me .

Doesn’t lock up all the way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B_RAD said:

FYI. 13# ISMI is not gonna work. I’ll need to pick up a 15#. 

 

59 minutes ago, stock said:

Why won't the 13 work ? I'm on the fence about changing the guid rod as I have  a few hundred through the gun with no issues . 3.7 of tight group with 124 fmj is right around 130 p.f. for me .

Just realized I was using ISMI Springs for Glock. 
 

I don’t have any ISMI for 1911’s. They’re probably longer. The 13# might work if it’s longer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try a lighter striker spring, locks up no problem for me.  I have a glock 6lb striker spring in mine.  It did lockup with the stock spring though.  Had a few light strikers with glock factory 5.5lb spring with cci's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 10:10 PM, waktasz said:

I put the 13# in today and it feels pretty strong...but sear isnt currently in the gun, because reasons, so that puts tension holding the gun out of battery. I also have a 15 if I need to use it

 

Did you try it yet? My SF ran perfect at last Sundays match with the 13# 1911 spring shooting 130 PF 147gr coated lead.  It's now got 2000 malfunction free rounds using that setup.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...