Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Distance from front edge of bench....1050

Setting up a 1050 in a few days.

I am building a heavy duty bench, but am wondering where to place some supports under the top platforms.

How far from the front edge should the 1050 be mounted (or does it matter)?  More of a handle striking the table top question....

GL - you are gonna love it.  ONE TIP - winchester primers... sell them to your buddies and get a different brand. FLUSH may be a bit close. I have about 2-2.5 inches from the edge (possibly a bit more)I used 3 4x4s cut 8 inches long to provide some meat below the table top.

Edited by Bull0369

On the 1050 they are like butter, on the 550 they are a bit stiffer to seat but I think that's more a function of the primer seating design of each press.

I know lots of revolver shooters like Federal as they are softer and work better with tuned revolvers with lighter spring setups, ie no light strike issues - I actually did run into a bit of an issue with some WLP's on a tuned 625 but once I brought the trigger weight back up a bit they worked fine. Still that's not so much a primer issue as a spring weight deal.

But as far as running through the press, I haven't had any issues really.  What problems are you running into, maybe we can help.

I chuck primers, crush primers, flip em upside down - basically I am low on small pistol primers, ran out and got 2 batches of Winchester... and now am loading 45 acp... so other than just the random SP Federal case in my stash I am at least making ammo I shoot.