Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 titanium trigger parts vs steel

shooterbenedetto

Agreed, they wont wear out. In addition I use STI titanium firing pins. Mine came with one, and never saw a need to change. I have also used titanium trigger bows in a Para. As at the time it was the only trigger I could find that had under and over travel adjustment for the para.
Some folks claim Ti flexes and wont give as crisp a trigger as steel. Probably one of those upgrades that doesnt really do much that matters on the clock. I run ISMI 18 lb MS's

yeh, lately last few years.
When I started with a Dillon 30 years ago,, LGS sold CCI,, they hung in the Dillon tubes, stopped using them..
10 years or so later they worked fine.  Got 70 k here from a going out of business sale,,,  New ones seem much better. Been shooting Pins with my 40 limited gun , dont seem to have a problem with CC! or Wolff

Different companies use different types of titanium, and some of it's crap.  I've seen Ti struts with the bottoms rounded off and mainspring caps with gouges, and all kinds of stuff.  And there were a lot of junk titanium firing pins floating around for a while.  The heads used to get peened and stuck in the firing pin stops.  Every trigger I've tried that had a titanium bow was spongy and ended up in the trash.  There's really no advantage to using titanium parts in a 1911/2011 FCG, and the claims re: faster lock times, etc. are a joke.  Even the best of the best in this sport isn't going to notice a couple thousandths of a second difference, assuming there is one.

Edited by ltdmstr

cant speak for whats available today, but can say I dont get light strikes. Nor do I have to restrict myself to Federal primers. Definite advantage there with the TI mainspring cap and strut. Firing pin ? who knows. Its lighter and moving faster, but its lighter.  MIne are STI brand from early 00's . Gun came with the pin, strut and MSHC I added.
I am with you on the Bow, probably a bit of flex there and the lighter weight isnt gonna do much as most of the weight is in the shoe anyways. Although as mentioned I only used it as it was only trigger I could find.

11 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

Different companies use different types of titanium, and some of it's crap.  I've seen Ti struts with the bottoms rounded off and mainspring caps with gouges, and all kinds of stuff.  And there were a lot of junk titanium firing pins floating around for a while.  The heads used to get peened and stuck in the firing pin stops.  Every trigger I've tried that had a titanium bow was spongy and ended up in the trash.  There's really no advantage to using titanium parts in a 1911/2011 FCG, and the claims re: faster lock times, etc. are a joke.  Even the best of the best in this sport isn't going to notice a couple thousandths of a second difference, assuming there is one.

Agree with every word you wrote. That's one of the reasons I use another trigger  mechanism for my 2011, which has a much faster response and much more reliable. good feeling to use $2 000 000 gun😀