Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 Legion: DPP vs R1P? And with R1P, use the metal shroud?

ClangClang

1 hour ago, lanre said:

I'm running the standard R1 on my X5 Legion.  Had to open the holes up ever so slightly, but it works.  I've had no problems so far.

I did this too, while I wait on my R1P. Then this R1 will back up my X5. So far so good. 

Same here  I had a earlier model for a while that I was going to cut the slide on my old p320c for  but then word is the  PRO is comeing , some day !  Got bored and drilled the holes out on the optic for the larger screws it . Mines is a LCI model and I filed off the bottom of the lci  ,removed the spring and red glued it in place .  Very little blow back on the lens  but the optic sits  closer than on some p320's 

Edited by hardluk1

I’ve been running the DPP for about 6 months on my legion. I picked up a second legion earlier this week and outfit it with a DPP right away. They’ve been good to me so far and I have no reason to switch now. I purchased both dots used and they haven’t let me down. I have about about 8k on the first dot, I haven’t had any brass hitting the dot shroud, I did recently bang the dot on something, not sure what but it put a knick in the glass, it’s barely noticeable. I’ll keep running it until I kill it or it bothers me enough to send it back to Leupold. 

E621B8CE-83BA-42A4-8096-BBD769F0D4EA.jpeg

On 1/23/2020 at 10:42 PM, zhunter said:

Gun weights with Shroud

BA4F83FE-7A52-4404-8785-6EA298812EB0.jpeg

With Mag is 1.174 Kilograms = 41.4116 oz.

B898660B-E62B-4D0C-A826-B8CA67747E17.jpeg

No Mag is 1.075 kilograms = 37.9195 oz.

Thanks.  That was helpful.