Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nov/Dec 2019 USPSA Frontsight --- oops !

jrdoran

5 minutes ago, bret said:

Obviously he has taken more than one step.

Not a obvious as you would like it to be...
I'll concede that he has taken more than one step already...but was his finger in the trigger that whole time?  Has he taken (or will he take) more than one step in the other direction with his finger in the trigger guard?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, racerba said:

Not a obvious as you would like it to be...
I'll concede that he has taken more than one step already...but was his finger in the trigger that whole time?  Has he taken (or will he take) more than one step in the other direction with his finger in the trigger guard?

sure he takes his finger on and off the trigger while moving, I have a bridge for sale if you are interested paypal me the money...

4 minutes ago, bret said:

sure he takes his finger on and off the trigger while moving, I have a bridge for sale if you are interested paypal me the money...

seriously though - you cannot make a call based on this picture alone...

1 hour ago, Thomas H said:

Not the ones I've seen.

See and I thought the key to this stage was keeping the gun up, and aiming at the target so as soon as you have a foot down in the next box you could break the shot. I wounder what the super squad guys do then. Or is it just to hard to tell exactly when they get on the trigger?

56 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

See and I thought the key to this stage was keeping the gun up, and aiming at the target so as soon as you have a foot down in the next box you could break the shot. I wounder what the super squad guys do then. Or is it just to hard to tell exactly when they get on the trigger?

Sounds like a procedural. You need more than a foot down in the next box, you need your other foot to not be down outside the box.

It takes almost no time to get your finger in the trigger guard. You can already be aiming, and then when your foot is in the air on its way to the box you can get on the trigger and be ready to shoot as soon as your other foot is off the ground.

Edited by motosapiens

47 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

obvious troll is obviously trolling.

this is the reason why pictures and videos cannot be used in arbitration...
it is basically 2 steps from one box to the other...at that moment in time, you cannot reasonably call a DQ based on the picture alone...
You cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he had his finger inside the trigger guard the whole time...or for more than one step...

51 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

Sounds like a procedural. You need more than a foot down in the next box, you need your other foot to not be down outside the box.

It takes almost no time to get your finger in the trigger guard. You can already be aiming, and then when your foot is in the air on its way to the box you can get on the trigger and be ready to shoot as soon as your other foot is off the ground.

you can also break a shot as soon as your foot is off the ground...your second foot does not need to be in the box for you to make a legal shot without a procedural...

BTW - this guy's total time was a second faster than 2nd place...so that almost no time makes an obvious difference...

Edited by racerba

1 hour ago, Racinready300ex said:

Not that I've noticed, no.  If you are on their strong side, it isn't hard to tell when they get on the trigger either.

Having the gun up and being aimed on the next target when you get a foot down in the next box, yes.  Keeping the gun in both hands (if a handgun) and pointed at the next target (PCC or not) during the entire movement from box to box in Outer Limits?  Not at all.

2 hours ago, motosapiens said:

Edit had to read that again, I assumed you were saying both feet needed to be down. Obviously you can't have a foot down outside. Your post basically says nothing

Edited by Racinready300ex

1 hour ago, Thomas H said:

Not that I've noticed, no.  If you are on their strong side, it isn't hard to tell when they get on the trigger either.

Having the gun up and being aimed on the next target when you get a foot down in the next box, yes.  Keeping the gun in both hands (if a handgun) and pointed at the next target (PCC or not) during the entire movement from box to box in Outer Limits?  Not at all.

I don't recall saying that.

20 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

I don't recall saying that.

You said, and I quote:  "See and I thought the key to this stage was keeping the gun up, and aiming at the target "

...considering the person in the OP is just outside of the first box, and moving to the second, and that was the topic at hand, you DIDN'T mean keeping the gun up and aiming at the target?

You meant what I said, which was "having the gun up and being aimed on the next target when you get a foot down in the next box"?

....because that isn't what you said.

Ok.

Edited by Thomas H

i tried to remove most identifiable details, but anyone who wants to know can easily find these pics online in their full form... and when they do, be shocked at the level of performers  :)

But i think you all have seen more than a few of these "RO missed DQ" pics and videos posted by the USPSA on their social media.  

I mean if it wasnt called at the match, at this point who cares?  Maybe some remedial training for the ROs, otherwise - just peer shaming? Personally, I would want to know for myself if i were doing it - so that i could fix a critical error like this and avoid being called on it in the future.  

Edited by nasty618