Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nov/Dec 2019 USPSA Frontsight --- oops !


jrdoran
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, mwray said:

What am I missing here?

Running with finger on trigger outside of shooting area.

 

Edit: Noticed this was SCSA, which I know nothing about, so disregard. 

Edited by GregJ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, racerba said:

he is up on aim...doesn't matter if he's in the shooting box or not.  if he fires, then it's a procedural.

Please provide the rule that he is breaking.

we just had a thread on this in the steel challenge forum. That is absolutely a dq in steel challenge (but not in USPSA because he is aiming).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8.1.1 Safety violations

The following will be grounds for an automatic disqualification:


8.1.1.7 Moving (taking more than one step) with finger inside of trigger

guard.

Editor should have noticed this before using the picture.

I take a lot of pictures at matches, I check for obvious safety violations before posting them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, racerba said:

he is up on aim...doesn't matter if he's in the shooting box or not.  if he fires, then it's a procedural.

Please provide the rule that he is breaking.



SCSA

8.1.1.7  Moving (taking more than one step) with finger inside of trigger guard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, racerba said:

how do you know he took more than one step or is taking more than one step?

he could be taking his finger out before his second step hits the ground  or is just putting it back in for his first step...

he is beyond his first step, look at his feet.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, racerba said:

how do you know he took more than one step or is taking more than one step?

he could be taking his finger out before his second step hits the ground  or is just putting it back in for his first step...

You must be bill clinton's lawyer, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bret said:

he is beyond his first step, look at his feet.

 

so he is still within his first step...his left foot isn't down yet...
so how do you know he didn't just put his finger in for his one step shot into the second box?  Left foot down while he is putting finger back into the trigger guard, right foot into the box, then he lets off a shot...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, racerba said:

so he is still within his first step...his left foot isn't down yet...
so how do you know he didn't just put his finger in for his one step shot into the second box?  Left foot down while he is putting finger back into the trigger guard, right foot into the box, then he lets off a shot...

depends on what the definition of is, is.

Obviously he is moving with his finger in the trigger guard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...