Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Having to sign in repeatedly

bulldog009

Browser - Google Chrome 78.0.3904.108

Over the last few days, I've had to sign in every time I've opened Enos. If I close the tab and open Enos again, it has signed me out and I have to sign back in, even if I have the "Keep me signed in" box checked. When I sign in, I get this error code on a screen - Error code: 2S119/1 - then I have to click the Home button to get back to the forum. This just started in the last few days, and hasn't been an issue prior to this. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue. 

33 minutes ago, benos said:

I'm always signed in in Chrome. Anyone else?

Now I'm noticing the following -

1. reopen Enos in a new tab - *LOGGED OUT*

2. click on any forum link  - *LOGGED IN* when it loads 

Edited by bulldog009

It keeps switching back and forth for me. Sometimes when I open Enos I'm signed in, other times, I'm signed out. 

I've gone to other forums (ARFCOM, TexAgs, ect.) I frequent and I'm not having the issue on any other forum, just Enos. 

Every time I access the site, I have to log in (I've always used my display name). When I do that, I see the message:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.
Error code: 2S119/1

But I am then logged in. Any suggestions?  Using Chrome on a Mac. Started doing this after the update.

19 hours ago, AR_James said:

I am having the same issue of not being signed in when returning to the forum.  I found that instead of signing in, all I had to do was click the " Brian Enos's Forums...Maku mozo!" header at the top of the page.  Then it shows me signed in.  

That works for me as well.

Tech/Troubleshooting Notes:

Problem started earlier this week

The problem is only on Firefox and certain versions of Firefox such as version 70 +

Chrome works fine

Same with Internet Explorer... what the heck!

Then they said I wasn't signed it. Then on the second try they said I wasn't signed in. Then, when I made this post I was suddenly signed it... still got the ERROR message, but went right through that.... to Forum... and WOW! There I was. WTH?

Edited by GOF
added info

• 1 month later...

Still having problems with this.  Sign in.  Leave.  Come back.  Not signed in.  Go to sign in.  Enter id/pword.  Get error message saying "Something went wrong. . . ." Go to home page and I'm signed in.  Been going on for about a month, maybe longer.

On 12/30/2019 at 2:52 PM, ltdmstr said:

Still having problems with this.  Sign in.  Leave.  Come back.  Not signed in.  Go to sign in.  Enter id/pword.  Get error message saying "Something went wrong. . . ." Go to home page and I'm signed in.  Been going on for about a month, maybe longer.

I’m still having issues with it too. Noticing it on my iPad now too, running Safari