Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 Optic and milling recommendations

NumberWords879

I'm considering getting my SP01 milled to be set up for carry optics, but am having trouble deciding on a dot. Ideally, id like it to be reasonably inexpensive (sub $400), and not require an adaptor plate (yet again due to miniscule college student budget). So far, this seems to leave the deltapoint pro (heard issues with these breaking on steel frame guns), vortex options (heard mixed quality, but great warranty), and sig (heard little to nothing about putting these on metal guns, but the window size looks good). I love my holosun on my p10, but the RMR mount pattern is too wide for the SP01 without an adaptor, and the window size isn't great.

I'm planning on going with primary machine for milling/cerakote, since they did great work on my p10c, but am open to other options if other places have significant advantages.

Look at the FTP Alpha 3. $375 US from FTP in Canada. It's made by the same company that makes C-More and uses the same mounting plate as C-More. The window size is similar to the Sig in width and a bit shorter than the SRO in height. I've got 2000 rounds on it so far with my Walther Q5SF and no issues.

I went with the CZC RDS plate system for one simple reason, it gives me the option of switching optics if I want. My brother and I both have SP01 with the RDS plates and when we first set them up for carry optics we had vortex venom dots and they both literally broke during the same match. Both optics elevation went out,  while vortex does have great warranty service I ended up switching the optic out to an SRO. The larger window has been much better for me on the SP01. While I agree Primary Machine does fantastic work I like not being stuck with only one optic choice.

Edited by mveto