Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S2 optics ready plate for Romeo1

bimmer1980

My understanding is the new Romeo 1 PRO has the same footprint as the Leupold DPP.  The original Romeo 1 footprint is exclusive to itself. I don't know of any other footprint that aligns with the Romeo 1.

Just sayin'!

The Romeo 1 has the same mounting hole location like the Romeo 1 pro and DPP. However, it is about 2-3mm shorter compared to the R1pro and DPP. It will mount on a legion but there will be a gap in front of the optic cut. Because of this gap, the screws are the only things keeping it in place and will be sheared after hundreds of recoil. 

I found this out when I was trying to install a DPP on my original X5. For the DPP to fit, the optic cutout has to be enlarged/filed in the front by about 2-3mm.

The CZ factory makes (and sells) 5 adapter plates for the Shadow 2 OR   1) CMore RTS/STS/RTS2 2) Leupold Delta Point Pro 3) Vortex Venom/Docter/Burris 4) RMR 5) Shield RMS www.czub.cz/eu   click on their online store .  You can also go and see all the various footprint standards and what red dots can be used with them at :  https://optics-info.com/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/, on that website click "red dot sights" at the top and go to the May 25/2019 article on footprints, notice on that site the Romeo1 has its own proprietary footprint whereas each of the others share the footprint with numerous other red dots....hope this helps you out

Edited by race1911