Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

34 MOS RMR Cowitness issue

theautobahn

Went to shoot a match Sunday with my 34 MOS with an RMR (Carry Optics) and no dot (I'm assuming battery, but haven't looked at it yet). I shot that match with my backup irons, but boy, did that suck. They sort of cowitness at the bottom of the window, but when properly aligned, the bottom half of the front dot is obscured. I THINK what I was doing all match was "lollipopping" the dot, so shooting high. Does anyone have a suggestion for a better cowitness backup iron set for the 34 MOS with RMR? I believe the set I have is the Ameriglo GL511.

I had a Vortex on there forever and never had an issue with no dot - kinda makes me want to dump the RMR... 😬😜

Is your RMR a Type1 or Type2?  The RMR was originally developed for use on rifles, and the battery contacts weren't designed for reciprocating slide recoil.  The Type2 has revised battery contacts that hold up on pistol slides without having to bend the terminals or shim the battery.  Bigtexoutdoors has a pretty good primer on how to deal with flickering issues with type1s.  https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/differences-between-trijicon-rmrs/  Also, Duracell 2032 batteries are proving more robust than the Energizer or Sanyo cells Trijicon includes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 5:48 PM, Southpaw said:

Since you already have the sights on there, I'd just black out the front sight dot if it's cut off by optic. Then just align sights like normal as you would with all black sights. 

I hate to do that since I went with the orange / tritium front sight version. But yeah, it's an option.

On 11/19/2019 at 1:14 AM, earlan357 said:

Is your RMR a Type1 or Type2?  The RMR was originally developed for use on rifles, and the battery contacts weren't designed for reciprocating slide recoil.  The Type2 has revised battery contacts that hold up on pistol slides without having to bend the terminals or shim the battery.  Bigtexoutdoors has a pretty good primer on how to deal with flickering issues with type1s.  https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/differences-between-trijicon-rmrs/  Also, Duracell 2032 batteries are proving more robust than the Energizer or Sanyo cells Trijicon includes.

It's a type 1 - I bent the terminals and went with the plate that applies a little more pressure on the battery - I can't remember who made this one.

On 11/18/2019 at 5:10 PM, Yondering said:

You need MOS-height suppressor sights; what you have is standard suppressor sights. Those are good for a milled slide RMR mount but a little short for the MOS system. 

Dawson has some for the MOS height. 

Thanks. I'll check them out. I also noticed TTI makes the appropriate height ones now.

I ended up with a couple of M&P's as well and need fibers for one of them - and am debating milling the slide on one for CO... (and yes, I know, wrong forum...).