Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Tcotter2629

Favorite mag button?

On 11/19/2019 at 1:37 PM, RacerX1166 said:

EGW mini paddle is my go to

I ended up getting one of these because of your suggestion. Love it! I was scared that I might engage it with my support hand but I haven't.

I have not seen one that won't release the mag on a table start. That includes the LoPro. You really do not need a button on the mag release.

Short thumbs here.     Wilson on my Single Stack guns.  Still have a couple of STI paddles---but my current favorite is the Double Tap.

Double Tap Mag Release Button

Dawson Mo Lo Pro ground to a sort-of teardrop shape.

They may have stopped making it, but think a ridiculously-huge checkered round button.  Tighten it on, mark what parts you want to keep and grind off the rest.

As a lefty I need finger clearance so a big button is out..

On 11/22/2019 at 7:50 PM, BLUEPSTU said:

I ended up getting one of these because of your suggestion. Love it! I was scared that I might engage it with my support hand but I haven't.

Glad you like it.  Bumping with your support hand was a concern I had as well.  I angle all of mine up about 30 degrees, just to be safe.

On 11/23/2019 at 10:58 PM, RacerX1166 said:

Glad you like it.  Bumping with your support hand was a concern I had as well.  I angle all of mine up about 30 degrees, just to be safe.

Gotcha. I used it at a match on Saturday and had no problems, but that is a thought if I ever do run into a problem.

Love the Brazo Cyclone. I have smaller hands and tend to end up dropping mags accidently using the tear drop style..

Are y’all drilling and tapping them yourself. Reason I ask is I want a button on my staccato c, I can’t find one made it for. So I’m thinking I’ll have to do it myself.

Dawson drilled and tapped mag catch is what I use. Not sure if it will fit the STI 

On 11/22/2019 at 8:50 PM, BLUEPSTU said:

I bought all three options from EGW to try and absolutely love the mini paddle in a Cheely E2 grip. Highly recommend this as it’s low profile and doesn’t engage accidentally. 

The Dawson Lowpro.  Tried the STi extended mag button and it was a bit too big even for me (if anyone wants one let me know).

13 hours ago, Tabasco said:

The Dawson Lowpro.  Tried the STi extended mag button and it was a bit too big even for me (if anyone wants one let me know).

PM sent.

Despite using blue loctite and vibratite, I can't seem to keep the LoPro buttons tight.  After losing two of them, I got an Arredondo and ground it to my desired shape

On 12/27/2019 at 2:53 PM, Balakay said:

Despite using blue loctite and vibratite, I can't seem to keep the LoPro buttons tight.  After losing two of them, I got an Arredondo and ground it to my desired shape

Used a Dawson low pro with blue Loctite and it never loosened. Maybe clean the threads with alcohol on both the button and release thoroughly before assembling would help.

On 12/4/2019 at 5:01 AM, SSGGlock said:

Are y’all drilling and tapping them yourself. Reason I ask is I want a button on my staccato c, I can’t find one made it for. So I’m thinking I’ll have to do it myself.

Stacatto C has a slightly different catch than a regular 1911.  I don't know of anyone making a D&T for it yet.