Favorite mag button?

Tcotter2629

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dawson Mo Lo Pro ground to a sort-of teardrop shape.

They may have stopped making it, but think a ridiculously-huge checkered round button.  Tighten it on, mark what parts you want to keep and grind off the rest.

As a lefty I need finger clearance so a big button is out..

On 11/22/2019 at 7:50 PM, BLUEPSTU said:

I ended up getting one of these because of your suggestion. Love it! I was scared that I might engage it with my support hand but I haven't.

Glad you like it.  Bumping with your support hand was a concern I had as well.  I angle all of mine up about 30 degrees, just to be safe.

On 11/23/2019 at 10:58 PM, RacerX1166 said:

Glad you like it.  Bumping with your support hand was a concern I had as well.  I angle all of mine up about 30 degrees, just to be safe.

Gotcha. I used it at a match on Saturday and had no problems, but that is a thought if I ever do run into a problem.

On 11/22/2019 at 8:50 PM, BLUEPSTU said:

I ended up getting one of these because of your suggestion. Love it! I was scared that I might engage it with my support hand but I haven't.

I bought all three options from EGW to try and absolutely love the mini paddle in a Cheely E2 grip. Highly recommend this as it’s low profile and doesn’t engage accidentally. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 2:53 PM, Balakay said:

Despite using blue loctite and vibratite, I can't seem to keep the LoPro buttons tight.  After losing two of them, I got an Arredondo and ground it to my desired shape

Used a Dawson low pro with blue Loctite and it never loosened. Maybe clean the threads with alcohol on both the button and release thoroughly before assembling would help.

On 12/4/2019 at 5:01 AM, SSGGlock said:

Are y’all drilling and tapping them yourself. Reason I ask is I want a button on my staccato c, I can’t find one made it for. So I’m thinking I’ll have to do it myself.

Stacatto C has a slightly different catch than a regular 1911.  I don't know of anyone making a D&T for it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried several in my efforts to not have to adjust my grip for mag changes.  The Ed Brown and Dawson LoPro were a no go.  Love the CR Snake Skin, but I end up dropping mags if my grip isn't perfect, because it's just a tad too big.  Settled on the EGW Paddle, I don't have inadvertent mag drops and I can reach it without altering my grip.