Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rollsizer upgrades

I found this video on YouTube about this guys Brass Case Counter and ordered it via eBay. Unfortunately it looks like they are not selling that kit anymore. When I ordered my kit there was a slight delay as he would wait for an order before acquiring the individual parts to compile the kits. The guy was really nice to interact with though and the kit wasn't too difficult to install. You are modifying the existing case feeder cover plate to install the display and buttons and doing some soldering inside to get it all wired up. There were good instructions on how to do the upgrade and it didn't take me too long to get it done. You might want to reach out to this guy via YouTube to see if he is still willing to sell the kit. I can't remember the exact price of the kit but I think it was about $100.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2019 at 4:04 PM, CHA-LEE said:

I found this video on YouTube about this guys Brass Case Counter and ordered it via eBay. Unfortunately it looks like they are not selling that kit anymore. When I ordered my kit there was a slight delay as he would wait for an order before acquiring the individual parts to compile the kits. The guy was really nice to interact with though and the kit wasn't too difficult to install. You are modifying the existing case feeder cover plate to install the display and buttons and doing some soldering inside to get it all wired up. There were good instructions on how to do the upgrade and it didn't take me too long to get it done. You might want to reach out to this guy via YouTube to see if he is still willing to sell the kit. I can't remember the exact price of the kit but I think it was about $100.  

I would love to have one 

• 2 weeks later...
Best upgrade ive made to mine is feeding it from a MA systems case feeder. Hot Rodded Dillons do not work well at all. Doesn't matter which upgraded motor you go with. I made it work for a year until biting the bullet as I roll so much brass for people locally.
Their website has been offline forever now. How much does a MA run?

CHA-LEE,

Can you give some details about the roller bearings for rollsizer? I see your bolts are zink plated, different from original. Did you use a larger bolt and turn it down on a lath? McMaster Carr's roller barrings smallest bore diameter is 0.5inch which is much larger than OEM bolt shafts.

27 minutes ago, teejay said:

CHA-LEE,

Can you give some details about the roller bearings for rollsizer? I see your bolts are zink plated, different from original. Did you use a larger bolt and turn it down on a lath? McMaster Carr's roller barrings smallest bore diameter is 0.5inch which is much larger than OEM bolt shafts.

The fasteners I used are nothing special. I got them from ACE Hardware. I simply took the rollsizer die into ACE and test fit different bolts, screws, nuts and bushings until I found a combination that eliminated the need to modify the fasteners. 

The new Bushing/Bolt setup has shown zero wear after about 25k run on it. The only evidence of it being used is a very slight mark on the bushing where the spring steel lever touches it. This mark is only superficial though as it’s not a gouge like the stock screw/pins would get after the same amount of use.

It looks like the Bushing/Bolt setup is working great so far. WIN!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone used the Hasgrok Feedinator 1000 with rollsizer? I can't find any reviews of the Feedinator. I would like to run rollsizer at full speed unattended. I'd like to walk around the house doing other chores and check back in once every 15minutes or so. The Feedinator advertises anti-jam feature that auto reverses case feeder plate. Perhaps I should ask this in a separate post focusing on Feedinator feedback.

13 hours ago, teejay said:

Has anyone used the Hasgrok Feedinator 1000 with rollsizer? I can't find any reviews of the Feedinator. I would like to run rollsizer at full speed unattended. I'd like to walk around the house doing other chores and check back in once every 15minutes or so. The Feedinator advertises anti-jam feature that auto reverses case feeder plate. Perhaps I should ask this in a separate post focusing on Feedinator feedback.

The main issue I had was that the "kisser" was too thick and causing dragging.  Without it in place, if a case got into the funnel sideways another one would land on top of it and push the collator plate up and over allowing brass to go under it.   It is working very well for me now that the "kisser" has thinned out a bit from use.  I also bent a small piece of copper wire into a U shape and slid it onto the funnel so there isn't enough room for a 9mm case to drop in sideways. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 9:08 AM, ltdmstr said:

Yeah, I'm not doing rifle brass.  Just 9 and 40.  The problem with the original feed tube is that because it's oversized in diameter, the cases would often come down on a slight angle and get hung up on the metal funnel thing, even though the metal tube is tapered sharp as a knife.  I suppose just going to a smaller diameter tube would have worked.  But I like the straight feed, solid /smaller diameter tube better.  It just seems like a better way to go.  And I now have zero hangups there.  I also have the ammobot motor upgrade for my case feeder and and it will definitely keep up with the machine with all six pins.  But it's a jam-o-matic.  I'm not sure how to fix that, but will figure something out.  I really would like an MA Systems collator, but I only do about 15-18k pieces a year, so I can't justify the cost.  As for the spring wires constantly bending, I thought I saw in another post that he's coming out with an upgrade for that.  Hopefully, it'll be out soon.  If not, I think I'm going to try a piece of flat spring steel in place of the wire.  That should be strong enough do the job but flexible enough to not have the bending issues.

Ltdmstr, i am looking at purchasing a rollsizer but am debating between the full commercial machine and the dc version.  I will be using it for 9 and 40.  I shoot about 40k rounds of 40 per year and about half as much 9.  What are your thoughts?

• 3 months later...

Thanks ltdmaster, I should have it in a week or so.  Got in on a multiple order direct, but covid held up on a literal “slow boat from China 😢😂.  Looking forward to using it.

On 11/16/2019 at 5:28 PM, ltdmstr said:

So, I bought a Rollsizer about 8 months ago, and I'd say it's an ok machine and fairly reliable. But several things about it are pretty poorly done, particularly considering the price point.  One was the base and discharge chute, which suffered from poor design with flimsy, oversized parts (mine where bent when I received the machine) and an offset mount for case feeder.  The parts are also substandard in that they're made from cheap material with incredibly poor welds (although not a structural issue, I'd expect better for a $2k machine). So, basically, I redesigned and made a new base, along with a more compact and effective discharge chute.  I also relocated the case feed mount so it's a straight run with a solid Dillon feed tube, instead of the flexible, offset tube.  With the solid tube and straight drop, there's zero hangups as compared to the constant problems I had with the original design.  The only issues I have now is the case feeder getting jammed, which is common for the Dillon feeder, and the spring wires on the cam assembly bending due to fatigue.  Working on those next.

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

That machine looks pretty solid in the sizing and drive motor area despite you saying it has substandard parts/manufacturing and has poor quality welds. If you're in the business of ammo manufacturing or just high volume sizing, that thing is definitely worth the $2,000 you said you paid.

Edited by Styro
I felt like it.