Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Trigger travel after Reset DIY

beechnutbob

Modified my 5x  legion Flat trigger to be able to adjust forward travel after reset. I used the factory triggered and added a screw that will contact the FCU and stop the excess travel. The trigger looks like a MIM part and it is hardened. So going to need carbide cutters to do this. Pictures should explain what I did. You need a  small milling machine but a good drill press and vice should also work as you are only using down load pressure.  Need a 3/32 center cut end mill and 4-40 tap. Drill size for 4-40 is .089 and 3-32 is .092 so it will be better to use the end mill as the trigger is hard.   When you start the hole from the back side of the trigger you are not starting on a flat surface so if you try to use a drill it will just push off.  Use cutting oil and go easy when tapping the hole. It was not easy but results are good and I did not need to buy a 80 dollar trigger. Did ruin one end mill but that was only 8.00
I figured the worse that could happen was I would have a trigger with a partial hole or broken end-mill stuck in it but it would be in the recess in the back of the trigger so what, the gun would still function.  The spring will keep tension on the screw so it will not move once set.   300 rounds so far so good

IMG_3542.JPG

IMG_1611.JPG

IMG_3545.JPG

• 2 months later...