Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greetings from Maine

MartyK

Hi there! I'm new to this forum but not to shooting. My dad took me shooting for the first time when I was around 6. He taught me with an old Colt Woodsman the once belonged to my great grandfather. It has been passed down through the family ever since he taught my father. Now I taught my son and my grandsons with it. Real fond memories. My own collection has grown considerably through the years with pistols, revolvers, rifles and shotguns. One of my newest acquisitions (not new) is a 1943 Remington 03-A3 in excellent condition, I love having a piece of history.

About me personally, I live in central southern Maine about 40 miles NE of Portland. I am a Tool and Die Maker (retired) and worked for General Electric Co. for 40+ years. With that said I have worked on my own firearms and have built many of the jigs, fixtures and tools to do so. I seldom buy factory ammo, I load my own with a dillon RL 550 and an RCBS Rock Chucker. I enjoy reloading about as much as shooting. My current project is restoring a 1918 Colt 1911 that was given to me by my best friend just before he passed away. It was in a shoe box completely dismantled 

with the sear, hammer and safety missing. The slide to frame fit is surprisingly close and I am looking forward to finishing it up.  Thanks, Marty

• 1 month later...