Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flagged Classifier

IVC

(There is another thread from over a year ago, so I'm posting to see what the current situation is and whether anything changed.)

My main division is Limited, but I recently started shooting Revolver classifiers for fun. I'd shoot a match in Limited, then pay extra $3 and also shoot the Revolver classifier. Well, this week I got the dreaded "A" flag. I filled out the form, but am not sure whether I need to call them or do anything else. I've been practicing quite a bit and this was not a fluke. I even have the video. 

Anyone had to deal with the "A" flag recently? Seems to be arbitrary and changing with the weather seasons...

As an MD, I see it from time to time. I have never seen a scenario where the shooter doesn’t eventually get the approval to include the Classifier. It can take 2+ weeks, but once you fill out the form it has been accepted in school case I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks - that's what my impression was, but then I ran into older threads and it turns out that some shooters had issues. Looks like they didn't follow up, so it might have been just lost in communication.

I'll update this thread when I get the official response so others can get an idea about the time frame and the process. 

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update - without ever responding, the USPSA has changed my A flag to P (pending) on Wednesday, and I expect the classifier to be taken into account this coming Wednesday. In the meantime I have shot another classifier today and that will get me to B class, with just two more to go to A. The flagged classifier was an 82% while I was a C due to some 5% scores from two years ago when I just tried it for fun and had all sorts of issues, including shooting a few no-shoots. As a B, only GM scores can get flagged now, so I'm in the clear for the time being. 

So, here is the final word on this. Hope it helps others in similar position. 

Short version: The flag was removed and it's now a "Y" classifier. 

Long version: After contacting USPSA, I haven't received any response even though they "removed" the flag (it was a process, not just removal) - the "A" flag changed back to "P" the Wednesday following my request, it stayed "P" for a week until the next calculation was run, then it became a "Y." The timeframe was "three Wednesdays" - first Wednesday to get "A," next Wednesday to revert it to "P" and one more to get to "Y." Overall just a bit shy of three weeks.