Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ed Brown MPs

P Taylor

It is steep, I like his idea of a new front rail block fit to the slide and a barrel fit to the new rail block but I will not be paying those prices.

If he starts selling the front rails separate I would probably try building my own.

7 minutes ago, Matt1911 said:

Mine is similar aside from the optic cut and the front rail block, and it cost me $1,100 with 6 mags that have taran +5 basepads. 

Same (it's actually for sale in the classifieds right now), but the barrel and slide cuts are definitely going to add some money. 

On 11/14/2019 at 11:37 PM, Archangelgt said:

Oh also missed the custom aluminum back plate 🤣

If you want an aluminum back plate, Springer Precision will gladly sell you one for $35 that includes a built in slide racker handle.  Your choice of right handed, left handed or symmetrical extensions. 😁

Part of the cost is from the fact that for whatever reason, they're ditching the OEM slide. Would save a nice chunk of money if they weren't putting a different slide on them and simply milling the OEM slide. Looks like their own extractor too (no one ever complained about the OEM one).

Edit: Didn't see they had a page that confirmed those things. lol

Edited by PrimaryBruce

On 11/16/2019 at 11:23 PM, BelRiose said:

The magwell doesn’t look like it would work with the TTI extensions because of the shoulder on them. That’s all I have, so I’m not sure about SP or Taylor Freelance. 

The magwell looks very similar to the Floyd Custom magwell. Their website notes that TTI basepads don't work. They do offer 140mm basepads of their own design.

Edit: even the slide work looks like Floyd Custom.

Edited by Rez805

Guess the rail block isn't or won't be available.  Curious how that would help/not help an Apex barrel, but I'd mainly like to have less slop in the slide so the front sight doesn't move so much when the tension on the striker is released when I dry fire.  Minor annoyance, I know.