Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jericho Police Trade in

Craig0ry

Well I got one today! Basically a Tanfo so I thought I would post it here. Stripped it right down for a cleaning. it was pretty grungy. Soon discovered which parts were interchangeable with Tanfoglio and which weren't. 

Parts that are not interchangeable are:
Safety
Main spring strut.

The rest seems to be the same.

The trigger that comes on these trade-ins is specially designed for the SAO pistol, It has extra material on the front so it will not allow the trigger to move forward like a DA trigger will on reset. So if you want a DA/SA I will have to send you a trigger as well with the hammer disconnector.

I swapped the sear to a polished one I had, Changed out the trigger bar plunger spring to a lighter one as well as polished it and the plunger head. And swapped out the hammer to a Tanfoglio one I had polished. But I will be switching it back to the regular Jericho one as I want to keep this pistol looking original.

Trigger pull is just over 2 lbs now and its very nice! Might creep up a little when I put the original hammer back in if I don't do some polishing.

Made some interesting combos with a Tanfo and Armalite I have. You'll see in the photos.

Over all Iam very happy with this gun for the price!

Fx1gb8H.jpg
ynCT1ql.jpg

Difference between a Tanfo hammer and Jericho, This is not the hammer I put in the gun, Just a spare for a reference photo. The Jericho main spring strut is more like a CZ75.
OUmQ1sQ.jpg
hlUILkv.jpg
R8Y3JUd.jpg
qjX3llG.jpg
hZn1M8t.jpg
ovX7Fmp.jpg
6b9iNZE.jpg

And the mix up combos

qbsgJ4C.jpg
fQdqCog.jpg
EdmP3cV.jpg

I’m picking one of these up today.  I’d like to keep it SAO, but I’d like to change the trigger to make it a Master Model B look-a-like.  

Craig, you seem to be the Jericho SME on the model 941F.  Will all Tanfo triggers work in the Jericho?  Do the parts have to be for a small frame?  

Thanks in advance for the help.  I’m a newb in the Tanfo world.  

1800714A-CA2A-434F-BBE9-5DE1CD547B8C.jpeg

18 hours ago, Elcidaviator said:

I’m picking one of these up today.  I’d like to keep it SAO, but I’d like to change the trigger to make it a Master Model B look-a-like.  

Craig, you seem to be the Jericho SME on the model 941F.  Will all Tanfo triggers work in the Jericho?  Do the parts have to be for a small frame?  

Thanks in advance for the help.  I’m a newb in the Tanfo world.  

1800714A-CA2A-434F-BBE9-5DE1CD547B8C.jpeg

All parts I used were from a small frame Tanfo, that’s pretty much all we have in canada, but your trigger parts will be the same regardless, any Tanfo trigger should work.

I ended up buying another police trade in, black this time, still waiting for it to arrive, but it will most likely get a henning trigger and the full work around with a DP front sight,  see how much of a competition gun I can make a Jericho, 

if you have any more specific questions let me know, this Tanfoglio section is pretty quiet these days.

2 hours ago, MakoDaShark said:

Just to foster some conversation, what's the doodad on the trigger guard? Are Tanfo grips interchangable?

The doodad is part of the Israeli National Police issued retention holster. That doodad is used to lock the pistol in. If you aren't using their surplus holster (hard to find in the US and IMO not that great of a holster anyway), it can be removed and discarded.

I don't know about the Tanfo grips, sorry.

Tanfo Grips won’t fit as the screw placement is in an entirely different spot, and the back strap of the gun is significantly different as well. 

And as Clang Clang said the doodad was for their issue holster, would love to see what it looks like, mine is still on as I wanted to keep the gun original. I found it makes for a perfect trigger guard fit for the polymer lower Jericho holsters, just without the rail the gun can cant back and forth in it, but adding some extra material to the bottom of that holster where the rail would be on newer guns it would be a perfect fit,(ordered the wrong holster before I got the gun)

I plan to order a proper fitting holster for the black one when it arrives and will be removing the doodad from that pistol

they use different type grips from tan.

it's very strong gun. long time ago in 1992 i used the special version of this gun as open gun with full checkered front and back strap for ipsc comp.

i used custom grips and 3 port my design  alum  comp. with 6" slm  and brily  barrels.

i used it with buffers under recoil spring and tungsten guide  rod. 70k with 0 mulfunctions. it was my best open comp. gun.

i used it with first open comp holster that was copied in 1993 by cr speed.

Edited by yigal

Cool info on the widget! Thanks.

29 minutes ago, Craig0ry said:

Tanfo Grips won’t fit as the screw placement is in an entirely different spot, and the back strap of the gun is significantly different as well. 

I see the hole location now. Also looks like you might not be able to run a mag well on it. Guess that sort of rules it out as a backup gun for me. Maybe as a cheap production gun though, if I get or convert to DA/SA.

That's a lot of neat history there, yigal!

2 hours ago, MakoDaShark said:

Cool info on the widget! Thanks.

I see the hole location now. Also looks like you might not be able to run a mag well on it. Guess that sort of rules it out as a backup gun for me. Maybe as a cheap production gun though, if I get or convert to DA/SA.

That's a lot of neat history there, yigal!

I thought about using it as a fun production gun (backup to my S2), bit I don’t know if it’s legal since it’s an 941F, SAO.  Converting it to SA/DA I don’t think it would be on the production list.  

I may be wrong, I need to read in the rule book/production list.

17 hours ago, Elcidaviator said:

I thought about using it as a fun production gun (backup to my S2), bit I don’t know if it’s legal since it’s an 941F, SAO.  Converting it to SA/DA I don’t think it would be on the production list.  

I may be wrong, I need to read in the rule book/production list.

The 941F is on the production list, but you're probably right about the SAO. I don't think that's specified in the model on the frame though, and I think you're allowed to change hammers now, so maybe it'd work out.

So my pistol will come in on Saturday.  I don’t know if I’ll do a restoration, resurface it with either cold blue or brown it or just do some trigger work and cerekote it.

Before I start the process does anyone have a good place to buy Tangfolio small frame parts?  I’ve been browsing Ben Stoeger’s website, but I can’t determine what parts are small/large frame and what parts are interchangeable.