Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone else waiting for the Honcho?

Coastalshooter

12 hours ago, jose121962 said:

I’m loooking at one also what triggers do they use and what size do you get and what’s trigger pull weight

I believe from the photos floating around the Twitterbook, they're using Geppert X-Line Triggers. 

Have an open gun on order.  Unfortunate I was a week or so early on their Veterans Day sale.  Oh well.  Hope to receive first of the year if they stay true to their 10 week wait time.

@jose121962m, if you questions, call Tiffany, she’s been helpful in answering any questions you might have.

3 hours ago, muncie21 said:

I missed the veterans day sale by few hours.  Hoping there will be another sale between now and Christmas, otherwise I may be obligated to pick up the new Dan Wesson DWX limited blaster.

A honcho would shoot lights out better than a single action tanfo/cz limited gun.(DWX) unless cost saving is the most contributing factor in that comparison.

19 hours ago, jose121962 said:

I’m loooking at one also what triggers do they use and what size do you get and what’s trigger pull weight

X-Line triggers. Default trigger shoe is short flat. You can request other lengths and shapes. We do our best to accommodate all requests. Triggers run right around 2lbs.

Here's the interesting thing about the Honcho and DWX.

• Honcho uses PT grip which was designed to mimic CZ grip angle and locking block design similar to CZ type guns
  • DWX uses 1911-like top end and straight pull trigger (unlike the hinge design of the CZ 75/TS) to mimic the 2011.

For me, it appears that both manufacturer's are evolving, by adding design elements that are in demand and eliminating those less desired.

Edited by muncie21

17 hours ago, MVPFc said:

X-Line triggers. Default trigger shoe is short flat. You can request other lengths and shapes. We do our best to accommodate all requests. Triggers run right around 2lbs.

Are the shoes interchangeable On the X-line, like the SVI triggers?

Are the shoes interchangeable On the X-line, like the SVI triggers?
The shoes are interchangeable, but not like SVI. The post on the trigger bow is threaded, so you can screw on the shoe of your choice. Best part is the Xline shoes are "drop-in" with the PT grips.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, MVPFc said:

This is great news. I am not a fan of flat triggers.  I'm looking forward to the "big announcement" as well.

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2019 at 8:11 AM, DJNKY49 said:

I believe from the photos floating around the Twitterbook, they're using Geppert X-Line Triggers. 

That is correct. They are shipping them with the short flat x line triggers. You can change the shoe out easily with a different one if you want. Atlas had a really good video of measuring your finger to see what size trigger is best for you. Atlas also has a lot of them in stock as well