Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Victory .22lr Anyone?

Tophernj

I am picking up a S&W Victory .22lr for static steel at a club level match.  

Anyone else have one?  

Do any work to it?  

I'm adding a TandemKross trigger/mag release, and charging handle.  A barrel change may happen but it's not a done deal by any strecth.   A red dot is not too far in the future as my eyes suck.  I'm looking for grip options but am not loving any of those I've seen so far.  If anyone has anything beyond what Volquartsen does and the HIVE or Houge options, please let me know.  

I shoot one alot in steel challenge.  Have volquartsen carbon fiber barrel, TK trigger and hammer, with a c-more slide ride up top;     Also use the beehive grip.  

FIring pin spring wears out about 2x a season.   I use CCI  standard velocity sub-sonic without issue. 

image.png.e62f514d0e8a3228514ccc58c1b38033.png

21 hours ago, jrdoran said:

I shoot one alot in steel challenge.  Have volquartsen carbon fiber barrel, TK trigger and hammer, with a c-more slide ride up top;     Also use the beehive grip.  

FIring pin spring wears out about 2x a season.   I use CCI  standard velocity sub-sonic without issue. 

image.png.e62f514d0e8a3228514ccc58c1b38033.png

Nice looking rig.  

Thanks for posting.  I appreciate the note on the firing pin spring.  How many rounds a year do you put through it?  

• 2 years later...

I wasn't able to find much under the search feature since purchasing our Victory so I figured I would share.  This gun has ran flawless for thousands of rounds with every kind of ammo I could get my ands on lately.  Other that it weighing a bit more than some of the other popular options it's been a great pistol for shooting steel.

As for mods I share this gun with a junior shooter so we put a Volquartsen CF barrel on to reduce muzzle weight and added a break.  Installed a 3moa Vortex on the factory rail and found a nice pair of Guuun grips that seem to fit most hand sizes well.

IMG_20220414_183533_773.jpg

Edited by NWfront

I'm personally a Ruger Mk-series fan and my current one is a Mk IV Stainless Target with a VQ action kit, VG exact edge extractor, VQ firing pin, Altamont factory pattern rosewood grip panels, Alchin red dot mount and a Vortex Venom 3moa red dot.   

That said, I've heard and seen great things about the S&W Victory  from those who have and compete with them.  The aftermarket for them isn't nearly as great as for the rugers but it's getting better.  The only thing they seem to lack is an available action kit (hammer, trigger, sear, etc.) equivalent to the VQ one for the Mk-series.  This kit absolutely transformed the trigger pull on my Mk IV along with eliminating the mag disconnect.

Edited by SteelCityShooter

• 2 months later...

I have kept my Victory stock.  Early on I had jam after jam due to the ejector positioning from the factory.  My gunsmith raised the ejector up a bit and pinched it inward a smidge and it has run flawlessly since.  Great for rimfire events.  I match it with a Marlin Papoose that I acquired this spring.  The latter is one sweet carbine making it fit well with the Victory.

Take Care

Bob