Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Be careful how close you get to targets when moving!

07yzryder

ALMOST took a trip to our least favorite post match meal...

Stage was setup where you stepped forward out of the box to retrieve loaded pistol then engage targets them move forward to engage additional targets through a port. Well i stepped back into the box engage the 4 targets then went to move forward and was a little close to the target/stand and caused me to have to lower my arm instead of stay compressed like i normally do coming around barriers at close range. RO pulled me over after and said it was VERY close but i managed to not pass the 180 but be cautious because it was darn near 179 degrees. He knew i was a newer shooter so he gave me a tip. when moving around the barricade does an extra foot or so really save THAT much time on a 5 yard engagement? take the extra distance so you absolutely wont have to do anything unsafe.

Being fairly new I'm still working on the stage planning and that almost made my match a 1 stage DQ. Also watch your reloads lol, I'm usually pretty good about this but once again being new sometimes a bad shot throws my stage plan out the window and I forget where I am supposed to reload. I'm getting better about saying screw it, mistakes are part of the game, hit your make up shots and keep going.