Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stuck disconnector

konkapot

I have put about 2500 rounds through this gun with no problems. 

Saturday during a match I had a "stuck" trigger a couple times during a stage; thought it was possibly me engaging the thumb safety. Gun was clean prior to match. 

Practiced yesterday with no problems. Gun was clean prior to training session. 

Today during practice I again had a "stuck" trigger that would not unstick. Removal of the slide revealed a stuck disconnector. Disconnector was stuck in the "down" position. Fiddled with it for a bit but it remained stuck. Gun was clean prior to this session. Top of disconnector was just below the flat surface of the frame. 

Disassembled the gun at home; no breakage, nothing out of alignment, but disconnector was still stuck. Removal of the sear/disconnector pin allowed the sear/dis to fall out freely. Removal of grip safety revealed that sear spring appeared to be in place.

Detailed fiddling revealed that the middle leg of the sear spring was BARELY in contact with that bottom part of the disconnector. Bending that middle leaf obviously increased tension but there appeared to be only minimal engagement with the disconnector. 

Help please. 

Edited by konkapot

1 hour ago, konkapot said:

I have put about 2500 rounds through this gun with no problems. 

Saturday during a match I had a "stuck" trigger a couple times during a stage; thought it was possibly me engaging the thumb safety. Gun was clean prior to match. 

Practiced yesterday with no problems. Gun was clean prior to training session. 

Today during practice I again had a "stuck" trigger that would not unstick. Removal of the slide revealed a stuck disconnector. Disconnector was stuck in the "down" position. Fiddled with it for a bit but it remained stuck. Gun was clean prior to this session. Top of disconnector was just below the flat surface of the frame. 

Disassembled the gun at home; no breakage, nothing out of alignment, but disconnector was still stuck. Removal of the sear/disconnector pin allowed the sear/dis to fall out freely. Removal of grip safety revealed that sear spring appeared to be in place.

Detailed fiddling revealed that the middle leg of the sear spring was BARELY in contact with that bottom part of the disconnector. Bending that middle leaf obviously increased tension but there appeared to be only minimal engagement with the disconnector. 

Help please. 

I had to check your profile to see if you were the guy I shot with Saturday. LOL He had a new honcho that did exactly the same thing. Found the disconnector stuck. I think his had just enough crud that the 30 degree temps gummed up the works.

One other thing to check to see if your grip has slipped down from good contact with the frame.   Had a guy come by said his gun was not firing every time.  He skipped the part that he changed plastic grip.   After messing around for way to much time due to lack of candor from gun owner I found excessive gap between frame and grip and middle sear finger was slipping off then under disco