Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Range Bag

What do you use to carry big sticks to the range and to matches? Looking for MBX 57s and TTI 43s. 

For my pistols, I have a dedicated Midway bag for each competition gun with 7 magazine slots on the side, so all mags stay in the bag while guns are in the safe. 

I’m looking for something similar for PCC so I don’t have to fish individual magazines and worry about not picking up the correct ones. 

I re-purpose the Midway pistol bag (same as what you had mentioned). I have this dedicated for my PCC mags and I also have the same mags as you do. I place the mags where the pistol would be.  The pistol bag side pockets is where I keep my Maglula reloader and the other side for a pad/pen/keys, etc.  The magazine slots to keep some cleaning supplies.  I use a hard case where this bag goes in with the PCC.

Thanks - was thinking the same thing, but didn't want the magazines to be "free floating" in the pistol pouch thinking they would keep hitting each other. On the second thought, that's silly because there will be no damage to the magazines from the slight bumping inside the bag that goes inside the PCC case anyways. 

So, I made a few inches long cut in the flap of the pistol bag so I can close it on the shorter mags (regular 17 rounders and 141 +6s), while I can insert the longer ones through the cut and have them sticking out. Not sure I like it as a setup because now the long magazines can still bump each other, but are no longer securely retained. 

I think I'll follow your lead and just use the main compartment for long magazines and not tinker with the cut flap... 

On 11/12/2019 at 5:58 AM, goldfish said:

I re-purpose the Midway pistol bag (same as what you had mentioned). I have this dedicated for my PCC mags and I also have the same mags as you do. I place the mags where the pistol would be.  The pistol bag side pockets is where I keep my Maglula reloader and the other side for a pad/pen/keys, etc.  The magazine slots to keep some cleaning supplies.  I use a hard case where this bag goes in with the PCC.

This is exactly the same thing that I do. I tried to use a DAA backpack and it didn’t work out as well as I’d hoped. For pistols I prefer a backpack style bag but PCC I use the midway bag.

I'm not that sophisticated... I shoot out of a Husky tool bag hooked to a modified baby stroller by cheap snap links... I just throw the shorter reload magazines for my RD bolt (Magpul with a loop of blue tape to identify them) in a zip loc bag,  the 40 rd ETS and ETS 32 w/TF  base in the top of the bag... keep the mags for the G17 in another bag and seal them from the elements.. I shoot the same load in both, and keep cartridges in a bag also... I throw a water bottle in the top of the bag while it is being used, and the bags keep the condensation from getting anything wet...

1 hour ago, mveto said:

This is exactly the same thing that I do. I tried to use a DAA backpack and it didn’t work out as well as I’d hoped. For pistols I prefer a backpack style bag but PCC I use the midway bag.

I use a DAA backpack for my PCC magazines...  Originally I had trouble with my long magazines tilting over and pulling apart the velcro holding them up...  Especially if they were loaded.

Drilled two small holes through the top of the piece that holds the magazines and put a small wire-tie through it...  It goes through to the center section of the bag, so it doesn't show from the outside...  Works great!

• 2 weeks later...