Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Move to open

Yargne

Rule 6.2.5.1 moves a competitor to open if they fail equipment requirement. When an open competitor fails they shot for no score. I would suggest they be placed in PCC and scored minor.  Since the division with least restrictions is PCC, why not have the penalty for failing equipment to be being placed into PCC instead of open?

1 hour ago, driver8M3 said:

A pistol doesn't meet the requirements of Appendix D8 #6.

Hence the question of changing the rule(s).

The question makes sense.

They move to PCC for scoring purposes.

The start position, etc., would be the same as if shooting Open.

The concept has merit.  The details should be discussed.

2 hours ago, Yargne said:

Rule 6.2.5.1 moves a competitor to open if they fail equipment requirement. When an open competitor fails they shot for no score. I would suggest they be placed in PCC and scored minor.  Since the division with least restrictions is PCC, why not have the penalty for failing equipment to be being placed into PCC instead of open?

You get moved to open because you have de facto showed up with open equipment.  It's not a penalty, it's where you belong according to division rules.  Failing open requirements means you now fit no division, not even PCC.  No need to even consider messing with this, it's already done right.

Edited by theWacoKid

28 minutes ago, theWacoKid said:

You get moved to open because you have de facto showed up with open equipment.  It's not a penalty, it's where you belong according to division rules.  Failing open requirements means you now fit no division, not even PCC.  No need to even consider messing with this, it's already done right.

**end thread**

20 hours ago, Yargne said:

Rule 6.2.5.1 moves a competitor to open if they fail equipment requirement. When an open competitor fails they shot for no score. I would suggest they be placed in PCC and scored minor.  

I would suggest they be forced to wear a frilly dress and high-heels.... but I guess that's pretty much the same thing as shooting PCC......

21 hours ago, theWacoKid said:

Yep