Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Next 2011

mattmann

Just curious on thoughts from the masses on my next 2011 purchase. I have and run a DVC 3-gun and absolutely love this gun. But I have bad envy for the custom shop 2011’s I see at matches. Right now I’m torn between a Hayes Custom 2011 to match my Benelli from him that I love or am Atlas Titan. I’m open to other companies as well and am not tied to anyone in particular. I mainly shoot multi gun but since it’s unfortunately getting rare around here, I’ll also shoot steel challenge and USPSA as well. Would like to stick to 9mm also hopefully. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious on thoughts from the masses on my next 2011 purchase. I have and run a DVC 3-gun and absolutely love this gun. But I have bad envy for the custom shop 2011’s I see at matches. Right now I’m torn between a Hayes Custom 2011 to match my Benelli from him that I love or am Atlas Titan. I’m open to other companies as well and am not tied to anyone in particular. I mainly shoot multi gun but since it’s unfortunately getting rare around here, I’ll also shoot steel challenge and USPSA as well. Would like to stick to 9mm also hopefully. Thanks in advance!

atlas has a few 9mm ready to buy now if you look on their site. I hate waiting lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

If you are building one for USPSA 9mm will be a disappointment.  Since you already have a 9 for 3 gun, get a 40 so you won't be pissed that you didn't later, that is unless you get an open gun.  Lots of good builders and I agree, you might take a hard look at the Honcho

17 hours ago, mattmann said:

I had Hayes work on my RIA TAC ULTRA HC FS 9mm.  I sent it to them and I received a FANTASTIC PISTOL.  I already commented and posted pics on this forum.  As far as Atlas Gunworks...I ordered a Titan 9mm from them.  All I have to say is AWESOME!!!! Cat Richards, who I spoke/email with, is a fantastic individual that will go out of her way to make the customer happy.  She treated me like she has known me for years!! As far as the actual gun..... I did not get a gun, I received a piece of art that looks, shoots, feels like no other.  

There are some others out there, but I don't own any of those so I will reserve my opinion(s).  Atlas Gunworks will no disappoint you because you will get what you asked for and much more...What an incredible people they are.

HP

I was in the same boat as you and went ahead and got a Titan in 9 mm.  Great gun from quality perpective but required magazine tuning to work reliably (something I never had to do with my DVC 3Gun).  Sold the Titan and kept the DVC.  I got an Akai in .40 for USPSA -- better build than Titan but more expensive.

To everyone who has a custom shop 2011 and has had a factory STI......is it worth it? Is their a noticeable difference when comparing the two?? I haven’t played with one hardly at all so to me, coming from a polymer gun, my sti hangs the moon lol.

2 hours ago, mattmann said:

To everyone who has a custom shop 2011 and has had a factory STI......is it worth it? Is their a noticeable difference when comparing the two?? I haven’t played with one hardly at all so to me, coming from a polymer gun, my sti hangs the moon lol.

it depends on luck. You can find STI, which is "almost" at the same level as a custom gun and sometimes fall with it to the bottom.😀

5 hours ago, mattmann said:

Yes.  My experience with 2011s from solid smiths is that they run and run without issue.  My current Limited gun is a Cheely I've been shooting for about 5 years, it has over 50k rounds through is and runs like a sewing machine.  My 9mm Cheely has close to 20k on it as well.  Not one problem with either. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2019 at 12:07 AM, mattmann said:

Absolutely. The biggest noticeable difference was the plastic grip to stainless steel grip. The pt grip dosent slip in your hand and the gun feels great with the extra weight. I also went from a rock island sti to a sight block steel grip. So not quite the same but I would say your next purchase will be a custom 2011