Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any deals on 115gr JHP's?

Aircooled6racer

Precision delta at $85.00 per 1000 delivered great bullets. All I use

Precision Delta and RMR are all I buy now as well. I have a couple thousand Everglades, and they are good bullets as well, but after they are gone I probably won’t purchase any more. They just aren’t really competitive pricing wise unless they are having one of their big yearly sales.

I have to give the nod to RMR over the other brands though. It’s all personal preference of course but I prefer the shape of the RMR JHP to the the PD JHP, and I find it to be just a touch more accurate than the PD. And most of the time the price is better.

It’s probably gun dependent too. I originally purchased the RMR 115gr JPH for my G17 Open Gun. The accuracy in that gun was SO far superior to anything else I tried that I decided to try them in my other 9MM as well. Sure enough they were a winner every where I tried them, and like I said the price is right. Even when they aren’t on sale. If they are sale (like now) you’d be hard pressed to beat them.

I will probably still purchase PD when they have their big yearly sales, and I have a couple thousand left right now. But RMR is the go to going forward.

Between RMR, PD, Everglades, Montana Gold, and Rose you really can’t go wrong. They are all amazing bullets, I think it really just comes down to price, and again RMR is tough to beat. There is certainly no reason to buy Hornady or Nosler unless some one is basically giving them away. And with the small price difference between JHP/FMJ to plated/coated I don’t see plated/coated making any sense either.

All just personal opinion of course based on personal experience.

No one is wrong and to each his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most accurate 115 JHP I've shot so far is the Hornady HAP.  I've shot a lot of Everglades bullets, but will not be using more after the 2000 I have left are gone.  For some reason I cannot get my Mr. Bulletfeeder adjusted so they all feed base down.  PD bullets are much better in this regard, but I still get an occasional nose down feed.  The HAPs feed 100% base down and OAL is much more consistent than the other two.  I plan to try Montana Gold next unless I get another good deal on the HAPs.

32 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Aren't the HAP's very expensive ?

vs 8.5 cents for PD, as example.

Yes, at 10.5 cents each, on sale.  However, they load better, have a much more consistent OAL and they are decidedly more accurate.  So they are 2 cents more than the PD.  I shoot approximately 8000 115s a year, so it costs me an additional $160 per year.  I'm okay with that.  If the MGs work out, they will only be 9 cents each in case lots, and I won't have to wait for a sale.  I shoot about 3500 124s a year at Steel Challenge matches.  The PD 124s are fine for steel, although Pendulum is making me rethink that.

Waite for black Friday everyone will have major sales.. At least 10% off most stuff. 

This is probably the best advice. I’m still shooting bullets that I bought Black Friday last year. That’s the time to stock up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk