Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Dave100

1911 Magazine problem

On the Dan Wesson PM9..I have been using Wilson Combat mags almost exclusively over the past year. I started having trouble with feeding which I narrowed down to expanding feed lips and decided to try some Chip McCormicks. When I insert them during a reload(sometimes) the slide won't go forward. It appears that the slide is hanging up on the bottom of the u and won't let it go forward.  Its the body of the magazine that has a u shape when holding it up in front of your face..if it has a technical term I don't know it.

I'm sure someone has had this problem before me..but it is disconcerting when it happens during a match.

I am NOT impressed with the Chip McCormick customer service at this point.

Edited by Dave100

The mags are going in too far. Unless the mag release notch is wrong on all the Chip McCormic mags, it's probably the mag release on the gun which is seating the mags too high. Try a different brand mag release, and see if they sit lower.

I'm using the standard basepads that came on the Chip McCormicks.. I do have a Dawson Precision slide relase that lets the maga sit .010 lower but I was waiting until after the weekend to install it..didn't want to do it during a match. I will try that!