Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ECG trigger

Bjay

Bjay:

I haven't tried the ECG trigger..........but if your looking for a flat trigger for an STI, I installed one of these in my Staccato P and I love it!  Right width with minor fitting to top and/or bottom which is common with most aftermarket triggers.  Bow fits the grip frame without any issues.  Pre-travel and over-travel adjustment capable.

http://ccgunworks.com/widebody-trigger-medium-flat/

HTHs

Edited by HOGRIDER
update

30 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

Bjay:

I haven't tried the ECG trigger..........but if your looking for a flat trigger for an STI, I installed one of these in my Staccato P and I love it!  Right width with minor fitting to top and/or bottom which is common with most aftermarket triggers.  Bow fits the grip frame without any issues.  Pre-travel and over-travel adjustment capable.

http://ccgunworks.com/widebody-trigger-medium-flat/

HTHs

I actually looking for trigger for my new staccato p duo..its good to know it does fit..but im 5.6" so hands not that big :)

so looking for SHORT model.

did you have to file top and bottom of the shoe?

pix815617127.jpg

Bjay:

They have a short flat and extra short flat.......one of those should work............

http://ccgunworks.com/pistol-parts/bottom-of-the-gun/trigger-group/

99% of the aftermarket triggers I have installed have always needed a bit off the top and/or bottom.  Most users, when replacing a trigger, want the opportunity to remove any excess clearance to the vertical fit......

Plenty of online information concerning the process.....and it's not that hard to do.  IMO, you want to be thoroughly familiar with setting the over-travel via the setscrew to really take advantage of all that this type of trigger has to offer!  Again, not that hard to do.....just takes some research.

👍

1 hour ago, HOGRIDER said:

Bjay:

They have a short flat and extra short flat.......one of those should work............

http://ccgunworks.com/pistol-parts/bottom-of-the-gun/trigger-group/

99% of the aftermarket triggers I have installed have always needed a bit off the top and/or bottom.  Most users, when replacing a trigger, want the opportunity to remove any excess clearance to the vertical fit......

Plenty of online information concerning the process.....and it's not that hard to do.  IMO, you want to be thoroughly familiar with setting the over-travel via the setscrew to really take advantage of all that this type of trigger has to offer!  Again, not that hard to do.....just takes some research.

👍

If you were to choosed colored shoe..and need filing it will ruin the finish?

2 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

No, as your only standing the top and/or bottom. Not visible after its installed...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just need to figure if i should get xtra short or just short?

16 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

Well, if you installed your own metal grip and SV trigger, then installing a Cheely flat in an STI polymer grip should be a piece of cake!

BTW, the EDGE looks awesome!  Congrats!

Ty for all helping brother will order trigger tom...i should be able to figure size then..maybe standard short :)

16 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

emoji106.png

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I called ccg this morning give them my trigget finger measurement and they suggested which flat model for me.purchased one :)

keep you posted brother.ty again

Just fitted one on a cheely E2 grip. Nothing special about it really that we could see. Seems to he good quality. Thinking about drilling some holes in it and cutting the front to match the Caspian TRIK flat triggers I use in my single stack guns. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 1:21 PM, assaulter said:

On anodized aluminum trigger shoes I prefer to remove material from the grip than the trigger.

So i should open shoe channel instead of filling top or bottom of the shoe..just received trigger and about to replace trigger

33 minutes ago, Bjay said:

So i should open shoe channel instead of filling top or bottom of the shoe..just received trigger and about to replace trigger

IMO,  if your installing a Cheely trigger in an STI polymer frame, you would always modify the top/bottom of trigger.  No need to modify the grip.....

If installing a Geppert or similar trigger that uses a "wider" shoe, then yes you'll have to modify the width of the shoe channel in the grip.

Good luck!

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

1 minute ago, HOGRIDER said:

IMO,  if your installing a Cheely trigger in an STI polymer frame, you would always modify the top/bottom of trigger.  No need to modify the grip.....

If installing a Greider or similar trigger that uses a "wider" shoe, then yes you'll have to modify the width of the shoe channel in the grip.

Good luck!

Yes its a cheely trigger...

7 minutes ago, Bjay said:

Yes its a cheely trigger...

Bjay:  I corrected my info above......

Here is quote directly from Cheely: 

Trigger width is STI sized (.240"). Cut height to match your grip.

As he points out the STI grip uses a trigger shoe width of approximately .240".

If installing a Geppart X-Line or similar trigger that comes with an approximately .246" width trigger shoe, then you have no choice but to enlarge the width of the grip's trigger shoe channel.

👍