Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL550 VS RL650 CHASSIS HEIGHT VS RL750

Greetings all.  I have what i hope is an easy question.  What are the heights from the bench top to the top of these machine's chassis (or empty toolhead)?  I use my 550 with a funnel die rather than the powder dispenser on most of my rifle loads.  I am currently loading with the throw and trickle method for my 223, 6XC, and 308, all practice and competition loads.  I've been using a scale and trickler but the Mrs. is buying me a Prometheus II for our 2Oth anniversary.  There is a stand built specifically for the Prometheus II for use with a 550.  I won a RL750 at a club raffle but it hasn't arrived yet from the donating dealer.  Dillon told me the chassis height is the same on a 650 and the 750.  I like the idea of the extra die station on the 750 and want to try it with it a funnel die and the Prometheus.

Just wondering how much difference I'm going to run into with Prometheus, it's 550 stand, and a RL750?  I can make new bases,etc.  I'm not planning on using a strong mount but Inline Fabrication products will be a definite possibility..  The space available for the reloading area will be about seven feet wide as we are now empty nesters and I'll be setting this equipment in a once bedroom, now office closet.   For the first time in my nearly forty years of handloading, I'll be out of the garage and loading in climate conditioned comfort.  (-:

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Best Regards.

R.M. Horton

California

9 hours ago, m700 said:

650 base to top of toolhead 11-1/4
Base to top of shellplate 5-5/16

550 base to top of toolhead 7-1/2
Base to top of shellplate 2-1/2

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you M700.  I appreciate the information.  I am kind of surprised that the frame of the 650 is so much taller than the 550, especially considering that the 550 shows that it will load longer cartridges than the 650.  Must be all of the mechanism in the base of the 650.

It looks like some fabrication will be in order .

Best regards,

R.M. Horton

Shouldn't be too bad, just make a little platform for the Prometheus to sit on. If you are really trying to dial things in you may try taking the platform actuator off and manually turning it until you feel comfortable using it progressive

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk