Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ok, you open shotgun people, I'm looking at you...

barrysuperhawk

OK so I got me this bread spiffy new open shotgun and a new optic for it and a few magazines and holy crapp these things are friggin huge I'm gonna have to get a whole nother cart just to haul them..  And the worst part is I haven't even bought one of the 4' long 20 plus round magazines, I'm only having trouble with 10 Round stick mags and 20 round drums

Nope 50 Cal cans don't work, nope even the fat fifties only carry a couple, please don't tell me I have to carry a 20 mm can just to be able to haul more than 3 magazines. 

So what elegant ways have y'all come up with to transport the big open magazines? 

Edited by barrysuperhawk

I actually have a golf cart that I take to matches to carry all of my crap, what I was more worried about is how to carry them around.  Normally  I have an ammo can for each component that I will need.  Rifle mags in a can, shotgun shellholders in a can, pistol mags in a can, pistol and rifle ammo together in 1 can, and shotshells in a can.  

I have a dozen ammo cans and a few range bags but nothing that fits more than a couple...  ugh.

I think that my .308 pouches will do to carry the 10s during the match, but I think that I am going to have to make the drums their own slings to  carry them...

Edited by barrysuperhawk

I have a converted baby stroller that I put a large Midway range bag in the center. It has plenty of pockets and compartments in it to hold all my rifle mags as well as my shotgun mags. Plus all the other tons of gear I carry around for 3gun. I built a tray off the front that holds an ammo box and all my ammo goes in it to free up more space in the bag.