Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommended Posts

I made the plunge and ordered a 750xl yesterday and a case feeder . I have used a 550 for years but shooting limited now I need to be able to made better use of my time. So anybody who has one can you tell me anything to look out for or helpful tips . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 750 is so new, you may have to provide some of the tips yourself!!  Good luck with the new press!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 750 is my first Dillon and first progressive press and I haven't run into any issues or gotchas yet. You should be fine since you're experienced with Dillon already.

 

I did have an issue with primers that I needed to adjust the operating rod bracket and rotate the rod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 6:28 AM, MarilynMonbro said:

The 750 is my first Dillon and first progressive press and I haven't run into any issues or gotchas yet. You should be fine since you're experienced with Dillon already.

 

I did have an issue with primers that I needed to adjust the operating rod bracket and rotate the rod

I saw all the mods that they had to do to the 650 I was hoping the 750 would be a better press. The 550 has always been bullet proof 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also just jumped all in with a 750, from a LNL though. Been pretty happy with it thus far. Only issue was I had primers turning on their side so going in the primer pocket sideways, which you cant tell until the finished rounds come out. Dillon said they had a few parts out of spec in very early production and are sending parts to get it up and going. Best I could tell, the 750 has most of the aftermarket upgrades that you would look to add to the 650 so good deal!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine came in . Got it mounted to the bench and the dies moved into the tool head from the  550 .  I have been adjusting powder messer and seating dies etc and have not gotten to actually start loading yet but hopefully will soon . 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand why when you buy a progressive press from Dillon that’s supposed to crank out lots of ammo you get a really small ammo tray . So for about 20 bucks I fixed that problem . 
 

Got a 4 in to 2 inch pvc coupler 

a piece of

2 inch pipe 

2 hooks 

1 bucket ( 3 gallon )


I

4732C6FB-133A-4F20-8001-A3D77735E1EC.jpeg

F5AFE39A-EBBA-42E0-B8AE-7AA6BBF43622.jpeg

059449CA-77DC-4968-AF61-2C9A91B0F16E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure why my pictures are sideways but that’s the idea anayway 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just slide a home depot bucket under mine. Blue and orange look nice together.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the 750 all set up everything adjusted finally . Filled the  case feeder and added a tube of primers and started pulling the handle . The primer slide would not return because this guide  kept hanging up and not letting the primer slide go forward .I had to keep bending the rod out until it kept the rod guide out far enough to clear . 

 

IMG_2053 2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made a few simple upgrades . Round counter , locater pins, lights , Quick release on the powder sensor. 

 

 

 

IMG_2054.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2056 2.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

Edited by Bmans45

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bmans45 said:

I don’t understand why when you buy a progressive press from Dillon that’s supposed to crank out lots of ammo you get a really small ammo tray . So for about 20 bucks I fixed that problem . 
 

Got a 4 in to 2 inch pvc coupler 

a piece of

2 inch pipe 

2 hooks 

1 bucket ( 3 gallon )


I

4732C6FB-133A-4F20-8001-A3D77735E1EC.jpeg

F5AFE39A-EBBA-42E0-B8AE-7AA6BBF43622.jpeg

059449CA-77DC-4968-AF61-2C9A91B0F16E.jpeg


 

There have been reports of rounds igniting with this type of setup. Recommend putting a slope to the chute and swapping pipe with shop vac vacuum tube (has ridges that will slow it down). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DJRyan13 said:


 

There have been reports of rounds igniting with this type of setup. Recommend putting a slope to the chute and swapping pipe with shop vac vacuum tube (has ridges that will slow it down). 

Where are those “reports” you speak of? I have been doing this for awhile with no problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

There was a thread on AR15.com a few years ago when those offload chutes started to come out. Someone posted the warning saying it happened to him using PVC. I don’t know the guy but it would seem like it could happen. Got proof it can’t? In any case, I would not recommend free dropping rounds. Just good sense to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It drops less than 12 inches . I think that it would take a pointed round that would strike with enough force to ignite a round as a firing pin and we have all seen lite strikes on primers  If you shoot much that didn’t set one off. These are round nose pistol bullets so I am not real worried about it but thank you for the advice .  If somebody else does it they can take that into consideration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bmans45 said:

I got the 750 all set up everything adjusted finally . Filled the  case feeder and added a tube of primers and started pulling the handle . The primer slide would not return because this guide  kept hanging up and not letting the primer slide go forward .I had to keep bending the rod out until it kept the rod guide out far enough to clear . 

 

IMG_2053 2.jpg


I went to TSC and got a variety spring pack . There were a couple that fit right over the pin that the guide was on . Installed the spring behind the guide and then reinstalled the the guide and clip. Won’t ever happen again . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...