Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC Tactical Sport Orange Spring and Follower Issues

chrisbrayton

I have been having some issues with my CZC magazine springs and followers for my Tactical Sport Orange Magazines. I am aware that the slide will not always lock back after the last round with these springs and followers installed. I am okay with that. 

I have been having issues where the follower seems to come out of the magazine tube after the last round and gets stuck in the chamber. I have included some pictures to hopefully better explain what is going on. The follower seems to get stuck against the feed ramp and won't allow the magazine to come out. I can get the slide back and locked. After than I have to get my finger in through the ejection port and push on the follower while pushing the mag release button and/or pulling on the base of the mag extension. I am wondering if you can give me some ideas to fix this. The followers seem to not sit flat in the magazine tube and kind of pop out. I have tried to bend the last coil a little to get it to sit flat but it does not seem to help much. I have 4 springs and followers and all of them are like this. My friend also has the same issue. I contact CZC and Stuart suggested tightening the top coil. Tried that. No change in the position of the follower. 

I appreciate any ideas you can give me. I am thinking of just trying some different ones all together.

7133AFD3-687B-47D7-BECA-B9360B6CDC3A.jpeg

81174E8B-996A-4356-AFF5-C0C8280EC79D.jpeg

I’m interested in this topic too.  I’m probably the friend you’re referring to with similar issues. You and I have talked about this problem.  I’m getting malfunctions like yours and also some that look a bit different than yours.  I have five mags.  Two with CZC extensions for 140mm length plus the czc springs and followers for 21 rd capacity. Two with the factory orange base plate and czc springs and followers for 18 capacity, and one with factory spring and follower with orange base plate for stock 17 rd capacity.  

The four upgraded magazines worked fine for maybe 2000 rds total between the four mags.  The slide lock function was pretty much eliminated with the new followers, which was to be expected from the design description.  After a couple thousand rounds I started getting regular jams with three of the four mags.  It started when the gun went empty, the slide would neither lock open nor was it closed.   It would jam halfway.  Mine was not hanging the follower on the feed ramp as bad as yours, but I’d still have to lock the slide open to get the mag out.  Then I’d start getting a similar halfway closed slide malfunction only this time with rounds still in the mag.  I swapped the slide stop for the straight pin which came with the gun.  No real difference, only now I couldn’t lock the slide open to get the mag out when I’d get the jam.  Every now and again I’d get a nosedive into the bottom of the feed ramp and setback the bullet into the case a bit.

My followers were tilted like in your picture.  So I adjusted the springs to level out the followers (pic attached) that worked for not even a full match and on the last stage or two I started getting the same problems.  Fed up, I put the stock springs and followers back in the mags and haven’t had a single jam in the last four range trips. So now I’m running 20 and 17 capacity rather than 21 and 18.  

301AE0C9-B343-4F41-AD06-2D5A3B74BADF.jpeg

A1D190A7-CEFD-4073-998E-973EBF3A8640.jpeg

48CD04E9-CFD8-4281-A53C-4831B52656C4.jpeg

014B0960-7C30-4519-A4CB-D292810C5995.jpeg

Edited by StanJ
Add picture