Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb Rest

sauza45

Thumb Rest  

111 members have voted

1. 1. How many use a thumb rest

• Yes
    • No

I am noticing that people who shot a lot before the thumb rest are not happy with the thumb rest. I think this is mainly because they learned to shoot without one. I suggest that if you are a new(ish) shooter to go ahead and learn with the thumb rest. 

I personally started shooting open about 2 years ago and always shot with it. I tried without and noticed I had MUCH less recoil control and my speed suffered because I had to wait to get the sights to come back. For me personally, it is a no brainer, you get more leverage over the barrel and can really grip the pooh out of the thumb rest and keep that muzzle flat. It's getting to the point where my dot barely moves, from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock a fraction. 

2 hours ago, Hockeycor22 said:

I tried the slide stop one and it wasn’t for me. My frame was already tapped so I had the ability to choose between a few. Do you have a Honcho? 

Waiting for the honcho, the frame is tapped so I can go either way when it shows up. If the slide stop is no-go I will still have the normal stop and can pick up a frame mounted solution. Coming from a CZ TSO I run a rest now but its not the one that comes on the gun, mine sits a little further back than the original one is basically right where the slide stop would be, 2011 will be different so trial and error is my plan.

11 minutes ago, inertia said:

Waiting for the honcho, the frame is tapped so I can go either way when it shows up. If the slide stop is no-go I will still have the normal stop and can pick up a frame mounted solution. Coming from a CZ TSO I run a rest now but its not the one that comes on the gun, mine sits a little further back than the original one is basically right where the slide stop would be, 2011 will be different so trial and error is my plan.

That makes sense. At least the thumb rests are not terribly exspensive so it won’t be too bad for you. Everyone different and prefer different things so make it your gun and rock it