Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

first falling steel match

nikdanja

I count and reload before empty.  Going to slide lock is slower.  Even slower is having no slide lock, hearing the click, reloading and racking.  When in doubt, reload early.  Four mags will get you through any monster stage I've ever seen.  So far the longest stage has been 64 falling steel targets.

+1. When looking over the COF it's not hard to figure which plate you want to reload after engaging... or if unexpected misses occur then options as to where to reload. It's just stage planning. My math sucks, so I lock into the target I want to change at or near engaging it. It's no different than picking reloading points on paper targets on a lengthy field course.

1 hour ago, GOF said:

+1. When looking over the COF it's not hard to figure which plate you want to reload after engaging... or if unexpected misses occur then options as to where to reload. It's just stage planning. My math sucks, so I lock into the target I want to change at or near engaging it. It's no different than picking reloading points on paper targets on a lengthy field course.

I didn’t think about doing that. That’s a great idea!