Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammobot?

chgofirefighter

Ok guys, so for a $1300 investment I can get the ammobot for my 1050.  Curious for those that are using the ammbot, any regrets?  Or opinions?  Was looking at the Mark 7 Auto drive but damn that's almost 3k, no thanks!  

I'm leaning towards the Ammobot, yeah call me lazy, lol!~  

Ammobot is $1500-$15600 depending on model.

Mark 7 just dropped down to $2100.

They both suck in their own ways. Get whatever you want. It literally doesn't matter.

Making another new thread about this topic is like 9 major vs 38 super.

23 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

They both suck in their own ways. Get whatever you want. It literally doesn't matter.

9MAJOR all day!😂

I looked at both and wanted to spend less $ so I went with ammobot. I’m very happy with it. Altho I do get a little jealous when I see people running their mark7 and doing other stuff while it cranks out ammo. When my press runs I have to stand there with the stop switch in hand. Others go a lot faster but I set mine on about 1800 and it runs very reliably. At that pace I don’t really spend a lot of time loading throughout the year. I tend to just keep the press set up and then pop in and crank out 500 or so at a time. Usually takes less than 30 mins and i never get too worn out by the process.

I am very happy with my money spent on the AB. I’m sure I would have also been happy with the mark7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, Maximis228 said:

Gotta love your optimism or should I say, lack of it~  FYI Sir, it's a forum and this forum exist for a reason for members to ask questions, get advice, learn and grow.  If you can't contribute anything positive do yourself a favor, stay in your lane...  Lastly, I just received a quote for the Mark 7 and it's not $2100 maybe for the standard model without the necessary extra sensors or what not but I was quoted almost 3k! 

Edited by chgofirefighter

Aw jeeze... I gave you the most honest answer you will get on this forum. It literally doesnt matter in the long run. Not one bit.

Also... Robert. Your reputation proceeds you.

To every member on this forum. PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

Edited by Maximis228

53 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

Aw jeeze... I gave you the most honest answer you will get on this forum. It literally doesnt matter in the long run. Not one bit.

Also... Robert. Your reputation proceeds you.

To every member on this forum. PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

It's extremly easy to be a keyboad commando isn't it Max? 

37 minutes ago, chgofirefighter said:

It's extremly easy to be a keyboad commando isn't it Max? 

Well, he makes a very valid point. Just search it. And don’t be so thin skinned.

And what’s this reputation Max spoke of?😎

19 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Well, he makes a very valid point. Just search it. And don’t be so thin skinned.

And what’s this reputation Max spoke of?😎

I am new to the sport, also new on this forum so like I stated before this is a forum for new members, not so new members, veterans etc.  This forum like many others is designed to help people it's not designed to be an A-Hole for a lack of a better word.  There's no need for sarcasm, stupidity, ignorance or lack of insecurity for that matter.  "Some" people feel the need to bash other's instead of being pro active and helping others grow.  Also, "some" let their ego get in their own way!  

Edited by chgofirefighter

There is a local ammo manufacturer to me who’s opinion I trust, and he uses the mark 7s. He provides ammo to multiple local police departments and sells his own ammo. He has had a mark 7 since shortly after they came out. Iv asked him about it on multiple occasions and he hasn’t anything bad to say about it besides that it needs to be calibrated, like any other mechanism, especially motorized mechanism. For that reason alone I personally would go with a mark 7. They also seem to have a better reputation from what I’v seen, which is another reason I’d go with one. I don’t know much about the subject, as I don’t have a 1050, but I can tell you the day it becomes financially available, I’ll get one for the 650 if I don’t have a 1050 by then. Probably doesn’t help much, but there my $0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, chgofirefighter said:

Curious for those that are using the ammbot, any regrets?  

I've had mine for over 2 years, absolutely no regrets!!! I got mine through https://immortobot.com/ .   Also join the Ammobot facebook page, you dont have to supply serial number or other BS to join.  The support from both Jason (AB) and Mark (Immortobot), as well from other members is absolutely top notch.  I sent Jason/AB a message with a question/issue on Easter night, fully expecting not to get a reply until the next day or later.  He responded within the hour!!!!  You cannot beat their support. Period.  

Also, I think the latest REV3 runs much faster than the M7.  I have a REV2, and can process brass at about 3K cases per hour, and load 9minor, with jacketed bullets about 2800 rounds per hour.   There are more sensors available for the AB, and they work great.  

Edited by GregJ

After a lot of research (looking at past discussions) 

Ammobot has a slight advantage for processing brass its in the accessories.

Mark 7 has a slight advantage in loading ammo again its in the accessories.

In their base models no clear advantage. Both will load /process ammo/brass.

56 minutes ago, AHI said:

...Mark 7 has a slight advantage in loading ammo again its in the accessories...

Too much info for me to make a decision and I suspect Maximis might be right.  What advantages do you perceive the Mark 7 to have in loading?  More/better sensors? 

7 hours ago, GregJ said:

I've had mine for over 2 years, absolutely no regrets!!! I got mine through https://immortobot.com/ .   Also join the Ammobot facebook page, you dont have to supply serial number or other BS to join.  The support from both Jason (AB) and Mark (Immortobot), as well from other members is absolutely top notch.  I sent Jason/AB a message with a question/issue on Easter night, fully expecting not to get a reply until the next day or later.  He responded within the hour!!!!  You cannot beat their support. Period.  

Also, I think the latest REV3 runs much faster than the M7.  I have a REV2, and can process brass at about 3K cases per hour, and load 9minor, with jacketed bullets about 2800 rounds per hour.   There are more sensors available for the AB, and they work great.  

Thanks GregJ~  I'm leaning heavily towards the Ammobot due to its price point and affordability~  

On 11/8/2019 at 1:29 PM, chgofirefighter said:

Thanks GregJ~  I'm leaning heavily towards the Ammobot due to its price point and affordability~

Cool.  Message me if you have any questions.  Good luck in your choice.  :cheers: