Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

POLL: Market research to present to aftermarket companies re; aftermarket grip modules

Rudukai13

Ok everyone, I’m trying to put together some informal market research for companies that are starting to show interest in producing aftermarket grip modules for the P320 platform. I’m going to be spending some time combing social media and putting some statistics together to make available for the companies, but in addition to that I’d like to have some quantifiable data sourced directly from actual end-users of the pistols.

Here are my questions;

1. How many P320s do you own?

2. What grip modules do you use on your P320s - X-Five, standard Fullsize, M17, Carry, X-Carry, Compact, X-Compact, or SubCompact?

3. For each different grip module size, what is the intended use of the pistol - Competition, EDC, Duty/Home Defense or a combination there of?

4. What size grip module would you be most interested in purchasing from an aftermarket manufacturer - Fullsize/X-Five, Carry/X-Carry/M17, Compact/X-Compact, or SubCompact?

5. What features would you be most interested in if you were looking to purchase an aftermarket grip module - Grip dimensions, beavertail, aggressive grip texture, magwell compatibility, thumb safety FCU compatibility, material (polymer, aluminum, steel), or other?

Please help me put together some information for these companies so we can (hopefully) expedite the production of alternative grip modules for the platform. Thanks in advance!

x5, then switched to tungsten legion grip

competition

x5

Basically the legion grip with better fit and finish, better price point, silicone carbide grip maybe

Id be more interested in aftermarket slides

1 hour ago, m700 said:

Id be more interested in aftermarket slides

There are a lot of companies either already selling or working on aftermarket slides for the P320 (Norsso and Grey Ghost Precision are already available to purchase for example). Even Sig has versions of “aftermarket” custom machined slides.

It’s my intention to present data and end-user input to companies that are already making various P320 components and make the best business case possible for also introducing aftermarket grip modules, with the specs and features that P320 owners actually want

I own several 320s and basically the only aftermarket grip I'd be interested in is a full size one that allowed the use of an optic mount to build an Open 320. I don't dislike anything about the Legion grip ergos, I just want something with a stiff dust cover.

I guess if I'm being picky, making it work with STI magwells would be cool.

Compatibility with STI/2011 magwells is an interesting idea that I hadn’t considered, that would certainly make sense from a competition perspective and make the grip module more appealing through greater ability to modify it with existing products.

Keep ‘em coming everyone!

Ok everyone, I’m trying to put together some informal market research for companies that are starting to show interest in producing aftermarket grip modules for the P320 platform. I’m going to be spending some time combing social media and putting some statistics together to make available for the companies, but in addition to that I’d like to have some quantifiable data sourced directly from actual end-users of the pistols.

Here are my questions;

1. How many P320s do you own?

2. What grip modules do you use on your P320s - X-Five, standard Fullsize, M17, Carry, X-Carry, Compact, X-Compact, or SubCompact?

3. For each different grip module size, what is the intended use of the pistol - Competition, EDC, Duty/Home Defense or a combination there of?

4. What size grip module would you be most interested in purchasing from an aftermarket manufacturer - Fullsize/X-Five, Carry/X-Carry/M17, Compact/X-Compact, or SubCompact?

5. What features would you be most interested in if you were looking to purchase an aftermarket grip module - Grip dimensions, beavertail, aggressive grip texture, magwell compatibility, thumb safety FCU compatibility, material (polymer, aluminum, steel), or other?

Please help me put together some information for these companies so we can (hopefully) expedite the production of alternative grip modules for the platform. Thanks in advance!

1. Currently 2 (previously had 4)
2. X5 Legion grip and Full-size
3. Mainly Competition and home defense gun
4. Full size X-5
5. Make a grip module that can use removable grip panels. I really like Lok Bogies on my Tanfo and would like something similar on my 320’s.
Also reshape the grip. The rear of the grip, around the beaver tail and below, is too wide. I hate to keep reverting to my Stock 2, but that has a great grip size in my opinion. Something closer to that shape at the rear of the grip module would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting idea.  I would have had a lot of interest in a steel grip before Sig introduced the tungsten version.  Honestly now I have no need/desire for anything other than the stock tungsten.