Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
tomv

AR15 butt plate

I'm looking for a butt plate that will fit mil the spec buffer tube on my AR15. I've seen some one piece aluminum ones but want to get more info before buying one. Any recommendations are welcome.

I really like the MFT Battlelink that I use.  

I’m using an MFT on both of my MPX which are identically setup except for the barrel lengths. I got them from Primary when they went on sale for $24.99 

72-F3-AB47-5-C64-436-E-81-F1-A0427-E92-C

4 hours ago, George16 said:

I’m using an MFT on both of my MPX which are identically setup except for the barrel lengths. I got them from Primary when they went on sale for $24.99 

72-F3-AB47-5-C64-436-E-81-F1-A0427-E92-C

I like this stock as well. Bought a couple from PA on sale. Good fit without a lot of wobble. 

On 11/7/2019 at 4:19 PM, Tampa-XD45 said:

What length of pull can you get with these on a carbine length buffer tube? My tubes measure about 10" and I like shooting with 12"LOP Can you get at least 2" more than buffer tube length with this stock?

17 hours ago, tomv said:

Sorry, I quoted the wrong reply. Same question for this aluminum one. Collapsing stock is no bueno in NY.

No, that aluminum plate just bolts on to the end of the receiver extension tube. It does not add any LOP at all.

Battle Arms tube, end plate and stock weigh 4.76 oz for rifle length. About 8 oz less than my current Magpul adjustable stock and milspec buffer tube.

Don't go too light on your buttplate/stock. It will make your rifle feel front heavy. Lots of proficient shooters go with heavy stocks to make the rifle swing/transition better. 

On 11/13/2019 at 4:31 AM, mrd said:

Don't go too light on your buttplate/stock. It will make your rifle feel front heavy. Lots of proficient shooters go with heavy stocks to make the rifle swing/transition better. 

I agree with this comment. My friend put a Mod Shot chassis on his 10-22 SC gun. Even though the gun was overall lighter, it did feel nose heavy.

I ordered a Battle Arms stock for my ar15 .22 build. With the Taccom upper I don't think this will be the case because the nose of the gun is so light. Also ordered a Hogue 15D lightweight grip for the gun. With these additions the gun should end up weighing about 4# 4 oz.

Here's my AR 22 with Taccom upper, 4.5" CMMG barrel and bolt, Battle Arms buffer tube and butt plate and Holosun 510C sight. Gun is well balanced and feel right to me.

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg