Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Grip Enhancer

TonyMartin

1 hour ago, mveto said:

I tried the DAA gripz and while it did do what it’s supposed to I felt that it didn’t last as long as  Pro Grip does. The Gripz seemed like I was having to apply it more frequently and my palms sweat a ton. Pro Grip doesn’t need to applied as frequently for me.

Pro Grip seems to be a favorite from what I'm seeing. That will probably be the next one I try. Thanks for the info!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used baby powder for YEARS. Cheap and you get a lot for what you pay for. Only problem was if would get everywhere. This past season I used liquid grip and that’s now my go 2. 

Baby powder is probably the worst thing to use. It’s slippery rather than grippy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found that pull ups work great for me. I tend to hang at full extension for a second or two and pause again at the top. When I feel my grip getting weak I add some coconut oil to the bar. It makes my hands want to slip but resisting strengthens my grip. I also use “liquid grip” when shooting because I’m not opposed to a chemically enhanced grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro grip is my favorite.  I'd advise against the spray bottle, seems to stop working properly rather quickly.  Tyler Turner mentions a homemade version on practical shooting after dark that I want to give a try.  It can somewhat pricey, especially if you also use it for dry fire.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have used some tennis liquid stuff from local department stores. That stuff works just not as well as pro grip. In my opinion pro grip last long than the cheaper alternatives on the market. plus is smells good. Other than that all these grip products work basically the same.