Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW DAWSON TOOL LESS GUIDE ROD

HOGRIDER

Just received and installed the new Dawson Precision Tool-Less Guide Rod in my Staccato P:

https://dawsonprecision.com/guiderod...son-precision/

Of course, it will need a full function test at the range asap. But my initial opinion is this guide rod is a welcomed modification and awesome product! Polished smooth as glass, and includes a proprietary 13# spring. The ease of take down vs the stock STI retention tool makes disassembly of the top end so much easier!

Couple of days after my purchase, I decided to call Dawson for some detailed info concerning the spring weight, etc, as I was concerned why it used a proprietary spring vs a regular Commander spring. Got handed off to Dave himself and he asked me to share this info:

With regards to the new Tool-Less guide rod for the Staccato P, and other models,

Quote:
Designed to fit STI Tactical 4.0, Ranger II, Ranger III, Tactical SS 4.0, Spartan IV, and Staccato P.

it starts out as a Commander length 13# spring but has to be shortened since the Stac P and others utilize a 4.15" barrel length vs a Commander's 4.25" length. This spring will work with all SAAMI spec commercial ammo. Recommended replacement is 3,000 rounds in a competition gun; and 5,000 rounds for a range gun.

Wolff is manufacturing these springs exclusively for Dawson, and they will be offering a 3-pack of the standard springs along with a 3-pack of different weights for those that want to tailor their springs to specific ammo/power factors. These will retail for under $10.00, and he hopes to have them up on the website today or tomorrow.

He has a new video featuring the new guide rod's features and operation. Should be on YouTube very soon.

HTHs

• 1 year later...
Hello

I have a new Staccato P 4.4" and where I live I can only access to 124 gr ammo with 34000psi and 1150 fps at 5 meters (The ammo is not +P). Given this data which spring should I use from the 3 pack? I am bit confused and need your assistance.

Thank you

6 hours ago, T-A-T-A-R said:
Hello

I have a new Staccato P 4.4" and where I live I can only access to 124 gr ammo with 34000psi and 1150 fps at 5 meters (The ammo is not +P). Given this data which spring should I use from the 3 pack? I am bit confused and need your assistance.

Thank you

The standard spring is fine/perfect for 124.