Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alien pistol

The importer for the BeNeLux countries here in Europe told me the first run is a run of 500 guns fully packed with rails and optic and whatnot. A normal version is coming with a base price of €3000 to €3500. Pricewise competing with SIG X-Series, Phoenix Swiss and STI (which in my opinion are overpriced)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/13/2020 at 3:54 PM, Phoenix1977 said:

The importer for the BeNeLux countries here in Europe told me the first run is a run of 500 guns fully packed with rails and optic and whatnot. A normal version is coming with a base price of €3000 to €3500. Pricewise competing with SIG X-Series, Phoenix Swiss and STI (which in my opinion are overpriced)

I would consider for that price! Just have to be sure about reliability...

2 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

I would consider for that price! Just have to be sure about reliability...

Reliabilty is good so far.  I have seen plenty of rounds on mine with zero hiccups.  I know one Alien that just finished shooting 50,000 rounds, no real issues.

IDPA in my area has confirmed from IDPA HQ that the Alien is legal for IDPA SSP, ESP and Carry Optics, depending on spec.

... There might or might not be a debate on what kind of dot mounting is legal in CO.

13 hours ago, Zerofade said:

Reliabilty is good so far.  I have seen plenty of rounds on mine with zero hiccups.  I know one Alien that just finished shooting 50,000 rounds, no real issues.

Do you shoot factory ammo? Just out of interest, seems Alien likes hotter loads and shoots flatter with 115's? Man I really like this pistol!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to try one, but I’ll be holding off for awhile until I can get a good idea of how reliable they are and replacement parts become available. 

If it were $1200, I’d be a guinea pig, but at $5k, I’ll wait a year. 

On 11/28/2020 at 4:41 PM, jpeters11 said:

I want to try one, but I’ll be holding off for awhile until I can get a good idea of how reliable they are and replacement parts become available. 

If it were $1200, I’d be a guinea pig, but at $5k, I’ll wait a year. 

or 4 or 5

• 4 weeks later...

I shoot with Allien 3 magazine of ammo in rapid sequence.... in the IPSC training for IPSC European Championship. The gun is amaising ergonmomic and nice looking..... but didn t make me a better shooter vs me with my Shadow 2. This pistol it was becomme hotter much quikly as my Shadow, for the same amount of ammo and cadence.

One of my friend has bought one in february for about 6.000 euro or 7.300 usd including travel expense. He have to go personallly in Cehia to buy one. I will also buy one, when the price for Alien will become maxim as two Shadow 2 ... 2x1.250 euro

70513762_3071340376240261_7241110828634603520_o.jpg

On 3/13/2020 at 10:54 AM, Phoenix1977 said:

A normal version is coming with a base price of €3000 to €3500. Pricewise competing with SIG X-Series, Phoenix Swiss and STI (which in my opinion are overpriced)

Converting  €3500 to current U.S. dollars (1 to 1.22 ratio) is $4,274 and change.  My two P320 Legions were purchased for less than a grand each.  So at this price, four Sig Sauer P320 Legions can be purchased for the price of one Alien....  with $274 left over for ammunition.

And as stated, it didn't improve @Uomu scores over his Shadow 2.

Will be interesting to see what DNROI's opinion will be.  If it must have the IPSC mount (IPSC Retro PDO) then the optic cycles with the slide and it looks to be in the correct location for CO but the SAO trigger may disqualify it as the rules stand now.

BC

Alien with dot.jpg

Alien with dot2.jpg

Edited by BillChunn
2nd pic

After viewing the videos from SHOT 2020 and the information about the Alien's "piston operated blowback system" a couple of thoughts popped up.  Owning several LWRC "piston operated blowback system" rifles one of the critical parts of those guns is keeping the gas capture area clean.  LWRC calls it "the cup".  Yes, it does vent hot gasses and debris away from the bolt carrier group and that stays clean and cool.  BUT (there is always a but...) your support hand on the rifle cannot be near where the gas is vented.  This may not be an issue with a pistol but keeping the mechanism clean will be crucial to reliable operation.

Secondly, a 17 or 18 round magazine in Carry Optics is not going to cut it.  Almost every other gun in that division is running 22-23 in the legal length magazine.  Speaking of magazines, when are those going to be readily available?  And when are the basepad manufacturers (TTi, Henning, Arredondo, etc.) going to have extensions available?  Tooling up basepad manufacturing for such a limited number of guns in this country is going to be a significant business decision.  It will boil down to how many basepads do you have to sell and at what price to reach the break even point on the tooling?

Lastly, what is involved in replacing the barrel?  Those do wear out.... eventually.

It may be the best thing since sliced bread.  It may be a passing fad.  Time will tell.

BC

Edited by BillChunn

2 hours ago, BillChunn said:

Converting  €3500 to current U.S. dollars (1 to 1.22 ratio) is $4,274 and change.  My two P320 Legions were purchased for less than a grand each.  So at this price, four Sig Sauer P320 Legions can be purchased for the price of one Alien....  with $274 left over for ammunition.

Will be interesting to see what DNROI's opinion will be.  If it must have the IPSC mount (IPSC Retro PDO) then the optic cycles with the slide and it looks to be in the correct location for CO but the SAO trigger may disqualify it as the rules stand now.

BC

Alien with dot.jpg

Alien with dot2.jpg

I wasn’t talking about the P320 series, but about the original

German made X-Series.

9 hours ago, BillChunn said:

Supose I'll train myself with "the wanted 2500 or discount 3500 euro" Alien as much I've done with  Shadow.... Alien will win.  But even 2.500 euro is a lot of money for s new pistol, if I have one 95% as good.... Yeah 5% procent is a lot of score in competition, but is not my case.

I've taken in consideration lots of others shooting expenses..... my annual ammo budget = max 3.000 euro. These money mean lots of level III competitions too. So for the moment, I keep shooting with Cz

Edited by Uomu
gramatical corections

I have been shooting my alien more in the off season.  I am still waiting on my retro kit for it, so I don't have big plans to use it in production optics.  I really like the gun and it has run flawless for me.  I do more training with my Phoenix Redback  (and I really like it) so i don't know if I will ever switch to the Alien for competition.  However, the gun works well.  I am happy to answer any questions if you have them.

On 1/5/2021 at 7:31 AM, Zerofade said:

I have been shooting my alien more in the off season.  I am still waiting on my retro kit for it, so I don't have big plans to use it in production optics.  I really like the gun and it has run flawless for me.  I do more training with my Phoenix Redback  (and I really like it) so i don't know if I will ever switch to the Alien for competition.  However, the gun works well.  I am happy to answer any questions if you have them.

The obvious questions:

reliability?

cleaning?

How does the alien compare to the(great) Phoenix?

Still in doubt choosing Alien (they are available now in Europe) or Redback... Thanks a lot!