Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Popple hole blast?

Th3Un4givin

I’m currently running a shorty open gun, I love the way it feels so far and have been using a slide ride with a blast shield to protect it. Since the new romeo3max came out I’ve been thinking about switching over to try it but am concerned with changing to much.  I know I’ll lose some weight from going with a smaller optic but in a tuning sessions a while back I noticed the blast from the popple holes hitting the shield a lot. If I go to a shorter optic it will most likely be pushed back and clear the holes more, how much do you think the difference will be between the two optics/mounts?

4E7699F5-8E41-4D8A-BB79-23E19F39FD14.thumb.jpeg.663bd0ab4e4028ff5aaecd17668cafb5.jpeg

a little off the subject.. but... I have a shorty Open gun...  the blast shield use to get blackened a lot when I shot & hard to clean … I now use some aluminum foil tape used to tape insulation on air conditioning ducts... I stick the tape to the front of the blast shield then trim it with a razor knife... when it gets really blackened.. I peel off the old tape and install some new tape.. 

On 11/5/2019 at 7:57 PM, Th3Un4givin said:

...do you think that the blast hitting the shield gives it more flip...?

Technically, yes. But you'd need some very sensitive equipment to measure it. If you're not getting any flame-cutting on the blast shield then there's not enough force to really matter.