Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
midatlantic

Another new X5 Legion owner

Recommended Posts

Took the gun out to the range today, with the latest version of the cmore RTS, as I plan to use it for carry optics. It is correct what everyone says about the LCI. Big black streak on the lens after only 50 rounds. It is sort of amazing Sig sent them out that way. Will be calling factory tomorrow. Will advise.

 

The other thing I noticed was a slight vibration/buzz in the trigger. I experienced something similar in a while back in a CZ 75B when I replaced the stock trigger, and found the SAO  straight trigger I installed set up a vibration until I fit it better. (I think it caused the slide to rub something the wrong way, if my fading memory is correct.)

 

Has anyone else noticed that?

 

Also, I've read the various posts on aftermarket triggers. Its not bad now, but it aint a well tuned 1911. (sorry all) The reset is a touch long, but what I'd really like is a crispier break. Whats best to get a sharp 1911-like snap, to the extent possible.

 

Thanks all

 

Edited by midatlantic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask for Ryan when you cal Sig CS. He’s very helpful and will take care of your problem. As to the trigger, either send your X5 to Robert Burke (sig armored) for a trigger job or buy and install Gray guns competition trigger kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grayguns comp kit with a Keres adjustable comp trigger, virtually no pre-travel, short reset and 2.25 pounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2019 at 11:11 PM, George16 said:

Ask for Ryan when you cal Sig CS. He’s very helpful and will take care of your problem. As to the trigger, either send your X5 to Robert Burke (sig armored) for a trigger job or buy and install Gray guns competition trigger kit.

 

On 11/5/2019 at 10:56 AM, firerain said:

Call or email sig, they will replace you with a non lci barrel quickly

This is amazing!! I'm calling today. New owner here too and this was one of my concerns with mounting my Trijicon also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got two Sig X5 Legions.  Sent the complete upper to one of them back to Sig to replace the LCI with a non LCI barrel.  Once it gets back I'll send in the upper for my other one.

 

Sig sent me a shipping label to send in the upper to have the barrel replaced.  So far the entire process has been great customer service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, JGus said:

I've got two Sig X5 Legions.  Sent the complete upper to one of them back to Sig to replace the LCI with a non LCI barrel.  Once it gets back I'll send in the upper for my other one.

 

Sig sent me a shipping label to send in the upper to have the barrel replaced.  So far the entire process has been great customer service.

 

They didn't make you send in the whole pistol?  That seems much different than what everyone else has reported.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, cjmill87 said:

 

They didn't make you send in the whole pistol?  That seems much different than what everyone else has reported.

 

Nope.  This is what they emailed to me (copied and pasted exactly what they emailed),  " Please pack up the SLIDE, BARREL, AND RECOIL ASSEMBLY together in a case or box and secure it inside another shipping package. Remove all other items from the case. Please include a note indicating which firearm the slide belongs to. "

Edited by JGus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I called today and the rep said I'd need to send in the complete firearm.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got my X5 Legion upper delivered to me.  Looks great.  I sent the upper to Sig on Nov 4th and got it back today with the non-LCI barrel.   10 day turn around time.  That is outstanding.  That is great customer service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tossed mine in the mail last week and Sig had me send the whole firearm and mags. I even clarified with the rep over the phone that they wanted the whole firearm and not just the slide. A friend of mine sent his in probably about a month and a half ago and they only had him send the slide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I emailed Sig CS over the weekend with my serial numbers and that I shoot CO and don't like the LCI in my barrels. I bet with their volume of emails it will be WEdnesday before I hear from them.

 

I also went crazy and ordered a single Barsto barrel as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

I emailed Sig CS over the weekend with my serial numbers and that I shoot CO and don't like the LCI in my barrels. I bet with their volume of emails it will be WEdnesday before I hear from them.

 

I also went crazy and ordered a single Barsto barrel as well.

 

I went with a Barsto barrel also, just the drop in version I got off the classifieds. I found accuracy at basically the same with 124s, but with anything heavier it was a vast improvement at distance. I zerod at 20 yards, and with 147s and 150gr Syntechs my groups were like 6+ inches with the stock barrel, and the gun braced. I even had a friend try, to rule myself as the culprit out. With the Barsto barrel was able to keep everything in the 10ring on a B8. 

 

I probably would have sent my gun in also to get a non LCI barrel, but I have ~8k/6months worth of 147 bullets stocked up on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Archangelgt said:

 

I went with a Barsto barrel also, just the drop in version I got off the classifieds. I found accuracy at basically the same with 124s, but with anything heavier it was a vast improvement at distance. I zerod at 20 yards, and with 147s and 150gr Syntechs my groups were like 6+ inches with the stock barrel, and the gun braced. I even had a friend try, to rule myself as the culprit out. With the Barsto barrel was able to keep everything in the 10ring on a B8. 

 

I probably would have sent my gun in also to get a non LCI barrel, but I have ~8k/6months worth of 147 bullets stocked up on. 


Interesting.  You aren’t the first to comment that the Legion’s out of the box accuracy is a little disappointing.  


Has anyone checked the accuracy of the non-LCI factory barrel.  If so, please note the bullets used during testing.  Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, B585 said:


Interesting.  You aren’t the first to comment that the Legion’s out of the box accuracy is a little disappointing.  


Has anyone checked the accuracy of the non-LCI factory barrel.  If so, please note the bullets used during testing.  Thanks 

 

With 124s accuracy was good. I suspect that Sig used just a longer version of the M17 barrel for cost savings, and that barrel is probably optimized for 124 since that's the NATO spec for 9mm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks.  That’s what I shoot so glad to hear it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I shoot 147. I get 4" groups of 10 rounds at 25yrds off hand. I haven't tried off a rest or a bag.

 

I've had a barsto barrel in a glock 34 and a shadow 2 and in both guns noticed a definite improvement in accuracy but the chamber needing very specific ammo dimensions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I noted above when I sent in one of my X5 Legions to have the LCI barrel swapped for the non-LCI barrel, Sig said to just send in the upper, not the entire gun. They turn around time was very fast.

 

I'm now also sending in my other X5 Legion to have that barrel swapped for the non-LCI.  This time they are saying just to send in the barrel only.  Here is the email I received from Sig asking if I could send in my second Legion to also have the LCI barrel swapped for the non-LCI:

"Thank you for contacting Sig Sauer.

This time we just need your barrel only.  Please package up your barrel and use the attached Fedex shipping label to send it in.  Upon receipt we will swap out the barrel for the NON-LCI for you as a courtesy."

And I'm ok with that.  I've bought drop in barrels from Sig in the past for my P226's and the guns grouped just as well as with the original barrel. I would expect the same with a drop in barrel for my P320 X5 Legion.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got mine back last week, 7 days door to door.

 

Guess they are getting smarter, they had me send whole pistol with the optic and one mag in the original box.

 

No accuracy issues before or after, 10 shots (off a bench) all toughing at 25 yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my email and RMA today. No mention at all of what to send hahaha. So I'm sending barrels only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...