Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broken Front Dawson Sight G34 Gen4 Need Sizing Help

greenthormx

Is there a standard front sight height/width that I should be looking at for my G34 Gen4?  I currently have the Dawson fiber optic front, but happened to smack the sight so hard on something that I broke off fiber holder and would like to replace it with the same sight. The gun will be used for USPSA/Run N Gun events, if that makes a difference, and currently has an adjustable rear sight.  Thank you for your help, sorry for the noob question.

What brand is the rear sight and yes it makes a huge difference. If you have the Dawson adjustable rear you will need a .300 tall front sight. Their standard width is .100 wide but i find the .300 tall X .110 wide front works much better for me if using the .125 rear sight notch.

Edited by bowenbuilt

9 minutes ago, bowenbuilt said:

What brand is the rear sight and yes it makes a huge difference. If you have the Dawson adjustable rear you will need a .300 tall front sight. Their standard width is .100 wide but i find the .300 tall X .110 wide front works much better for me if using the .125 rear sight notch.

It is the Dawson adjustable.  It says Dawson on one side, and PI on the other (If it makes a difference).  So you think .300 x .110?

Others will comment but the .100 wide is just too narrow for the longer shots. Too much light on either side of the front post to suit me. The .110 wide front still allows plenty of light on either side but fills in a little of the overly abundant light gap using the .100 wide front. Yes, the .300 tall works fine on all of mine except for the 17L which uses a .330 tall front.

Edited by bowenbuilt

5 minutes ago, bowenbuilt said:

Others will comment but the .100 wide is just too narrow for the longer shots. Too much light on either side of the front post to suit me. The .110 wide front still allows plenty of light on either side but fills in a little of the overly abundant light gap using the .100 wide front. Yes, the .300 tall works fine on all of mine except for the 17L which uses a .330 tall front.

I really appreciate your expertise, thank you for taking the time to reply! It’s been driving me crazy. 

12 hours ago, greenthormx said:

That would make sense.  Don’t know why I didn’t just ask them in the first place. 

that is because we, as shooters, generally prefer the most complicated solution to the simplest problems..