Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 1050 bullet feeder

I am wanting to add a bullet feeder. What is the best one to get?  I looked at the Mr. bullet feeders, these seem to be the most common.

I probably load 20,000 or more each year, all 9mm.

Thanks,

20 minutes ago, TDF said:

I am wanting to add a bullet feeder. What is the best one to get?  I looked at the Mr. bullet feeders, these seem to be the most common.

I probably load 20,000 or more each year, all 9mm.

Thanks,

Get the MBF. Things are awesome. Order from Shooters Connection 

44 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Get the MBF. Things are awesome. Order from Shooters Connection 

Thanks. That’s what I though but I wanted to see if there was anything else out there. 

29 minutes ago, V2plus25 said:

The only thing more awesome than the MBF is the MBF Pro :)

Bigger collator with a stand-alone mount.  And the bullet dropper is a little beefier as well.

I like the idea of a standalone mount. I will probably go with the pro. Thanks. 

There are people out there 3D printing bullet feeders but they don't have a warranty or a company that stands behind their product if there are issues. I've got the MBF and never looked back. I have mine mounted to the casefeeder and have had no issues. I thought about building a stand alone setup but haven't pulled the trigger yet. If you get the pro let me know how it runs please.

10 minutes ago, TDF said:

I like the idea of a standalone mount. I will probably go with the pro. Thanks. 

You can get brackets and $5 worth of pipe to mount the regular MBF TO Wall or bench. Saves a lot of $$$

11 minutes ago, Sarge said:

You can get brackets and $5 worth of pipe to mount the regular MBF TO Wall or bench. Saves a lot of $$$

Yeah that’s true. I think I have seen others with that setup. I haven’t  decided yet for sure. 

If you go with the regular MBF. Figure out the location it functions best and make a small mark under the bottom contact point. I find with mine that between the MBF and the case feeder moving it ends up moving itself rearward and will eventually hold side tension on the dropper and prevent it from coming back down

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

I ordered my MBF directly from Dillon this weekend.  I didn't see an option for a PRO model.  Not that I need one at my current rate of shooting.

👍 Probably the single greatest upgrade I’ve made to my press.

2 hours ago, DJRyan13 said:

I have only seen PRO model on DAA and Mark7 website. Bigger hopper, beefier die. 2x price.

Yeah, I don't need it that bad.  Honestly, I'd probably be fine without a bullet feeder at all!!  But it does get a bit painful grabbing those tiny little bullets over and over again......

I've had MBFs on a couple 1050s for 5+ years now and they're pretty close to 100% reliable.  Made some stand-alone mounts with black pipe and steel plate, but am currently doing a new design with stainless marine fittings and stainless tubing.  Same concept, just more bling.