Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does my CZ have a firing pin block?

GregInAtl

I have been having trouble with with primers not firing with this gun.  I have seen several videos and read numerous forum posts indicating that replacing the stock firing pin with an elongated one solves this problem. This gun has not had any custom work done and is 100% stock. So I am surprised to have to resort to that. 

CZ75 - should be a Pre B (pre firing pin Block).  So, no firing pin block.

CZ75B - firing pin block.  It's what the B stands for.

CZ75BD - firing pin block with a decocking lever rather than a safety.  D stands for decocker.

Can you remove the firing pin block from a CZ75B, or CZ75B SA?  Sure.  People do it.  In my experience it isn't necessary if you get a nice hammer/adjustable sear from CGW.  Reason for the adjustable sear?  Saves a butt load of time trying to remove enough metal from either the forward arm on the sear or the cam on the left side thumb safety.  I've got a couple of CZ75Bs that are exactly 3 lbs. for the SA trigger pull.  It's such a crisp 3 lb. pull that you have to put the trigger pull ga. on it and try it a couple/three times to convince yourself it really is 3 lbs.  It feels lighter than it is.

4 hours ago, GregInAtl said:

I have been having trouble with with primers not firing with this gun.  I have seen several videos and read numerous forum posts indicating that replacing the stock firing pin with an elongated one solves this problem. This gun has not had any custom work done and is 100% stock. So I am surprised to have to resort to that. 

As far as i understand things, in factory stock configuration your CZ75 SA should light off any primer. Could be a timing issue or a problem with the FP. To test if this is the case you can remove the hammer spring (not required but it would make things easier) then pull the trigger all the way back and manually push on the exposed end of the FP at the rear of the slide. With the trigger pulled to the rear the FPB should be disengaged and you should be able to push the FP in.

Edited by Tok36
Spelling.

Greg,

To test the firing pin function is very simple.  First, no magazine and verify chamber is empty. 

Get a pencil with an eraser in good shape.  Put pencil into muzzle eraser first.  Hold gun up to keep eraser down into chamber.  Cock hammer and pull trigger.  Pencil should pop out of the muzzle from the force of the pin hitting the eraser.  If it doesn't then there is a problem with firing pin, spring, roll pin or dirt in pin channel.