Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PT Honcho shooters (What mags?)

PGGUNS

On 11/4/2019 at 4:46 PM, Shmella said:

can anyone comment on "Honcho Technology" and do you really get away with no loctite on any of the screw? I cant imagine a slide racker, sight mount, Breachface, or scope mount would stay on with no loctite and never loosen up? I like the idea of the honcho now that the race shop is implemented and you can build your own package. Id be a buyer for a open limited and limited minor combo but is it really possible to not have loctite anywhere? Not a deal breaker just curious if its true.

I can stand by there comment. I have changed over a few times from 9minor, 40 to 9 open and the screws stay put with no lock tight. I have a torque wrench that I use and torque everything to 25 lbs and nothing had come loose in 5k rounds

On 11/16/2019 at 6:01 PM, avastcosmicarena said:

I ordered a honcho and currently own 0 2011 mags. Can someone suggest to me what sizes I should get and how many of each?

Depends on the division you want to shoot and caliber.

match day:

open usually 1-170 and 2-140

limited 3/4-140

limited 10 alotttttt

keep in mind extras are always a good thing as the springs wear, one gets temperamental or you do what I did and accidently step in the feed lips during a match 

• 2 weeks later...
I can stand by there comment. I have changed over a few times from 9minor, 40 to 9 open and the screws stay put with no lock tight. I have a torque wrench that I use and torque everything to 25 lbs and nothing had come loose in 5k rounds

Boom. That’s the key right there.
Only issue I had with mine was when I didn’t actually use my
Fat wrench and torque it to 25inch pounds.
So make sure You clean the threads with rubbing alcohol. And then torque em down to 25inch pounds. And you’ll have no issues.

Also mbx. I’ve had about 15k on mine cumulatively between my 2 honchos. And they’ve ran flawlessly. No tuning. Nothin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/14/2019 at 4:22 PM, EaZeNuTZ33 said:

Running nothing but MBX mags......buuuuuuuuuut have had zero issues using Gen 1 STI and Gen 2 STI mags as well, both with STI guts and Grams/TTI guts. 

MBX mags just make it easier and I get reloadable 29rd (170mm), 26rd (155mm), and 23rd (140mm).

Have you, or anyone else with experience using the STI mags in the Honcho, had to do any modifications to get them reliable compared to how they would run in  a traditional plastic gripped, linked barrel 2011 setup? I am really considering one of these Honchos with just a 9 major Open barrel and .40 sight block barrel. A deal-breaker could be the fact that I have a bounty of STI mags for both calibers and wouldn't want to have to invest in all brand new  Mbx mag's just to get it to work. Thanks.

13 minutes ago, vgdvc said:

Have you, or anyone else with experience using the STI mags in the Honcho, had to do any modifications to get them reliable compared to how they would run in  a traditional plastic gripped, linked barrel 2011 setup? I am really considering one of these Honchos with just a 9 major Open barrel and .40 sight block barrel. A deal-breaker could be the fact that I have a bounty of STI mags for both calibers and wouldn't want to have to invest in all brand new  Mbx mag's just to get it to work. Thanks.

Worked perfect with both Gen 1 and Gen 2 STI mags

1 minute ago, EaZeNuTZ33 said:

Worked perfect with both Gen 1 and Gen 2 STI mags

Thanks for the quick response. I'm going to do some more research and try to get some hands-on experience with one of these but the more I look into how they're built I can definitely see merit in the revolution of their design. Wish I would have looked into a sooner when they were running their Christmas special. Maybe they'll run another promo....