Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone using P320 TXG for limited major?

BryceA

My latest itch is to get a 40 S&W setup for limited major. One option I'm considering is a red box P320 in 40 S&W and stick a TXG module on it. I've seen a few people mention the idea but I haven't seen any posts about doing that. So, has anybody actually tried this, and if so, how did it work out?

I’ve contemplated this also and may try it soon. I have an old Gen 1 P320 in 40 and a new X5 Legion. The 40 slide doesn’t work on the Legion FCU. Soon I’ll get around to putting old FCU in legion module. I did not like the old P320 in 40. May be better with a heavier grip. A legion in 40 is supposed to be coming out eventually right?

3 hours ago, DKnoch said:

I’ve contemplated this also and may try it soon. I have an old Gen 1 P320 in 40 and a new X5 Legion. The 40 slide doesn’t work on the Legion FCU. Soon I’ll get around to putting old FCU in legion module. I did not like the old P320 in 40. May be better with a heavier grip. A legion in 40 is supposed to be coming out eventually right?

What didn't you like about the P320 in 40? I suspect it's very 'flippy', but I hope not: part of the appeal was that I could incrementally get to a strong limited setup.

11 hours ago, OPENB said:

Why doesn’t the 40 slide work on the Legion FCU?

My guess is he hasn't sent the 40 slide back in for the voluntary upgrade yet

I have a 40 top end with Dawson sights that I've shot with the TXG grip and magwell. I haven't shot a match with it, but it's just shy of 46oz with a 14rd mag + Springer extension. Only holds 18rd with Grams internals unfortunately. Many people on here can fit 19 though. It handles pretty well though, the beavertail and ability to get high on the grip plus the weight helps a lot compared to a standard non x-grip full size 40.

• 3 weeks later...

a friend of mine is doing this. he bought the tungsten grip module for his X5, and then more recently bought a refurbished 320 in 40. it works well other than the fact that the .40 mags have an issue with rounds not clearing the front of the magazine, which I plan to start a new thread about if I can't find one.