Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
johnbu

Patriot Defense new grips! (exfoliatus maximus)

Joe from PD sent  prototypes out to me for a final look.

WOW. These sucker's turned the grippy knob up to eleven. The thin version INSIDE A ZIPLOCK BAG had more traction than almost any other Tanfo grip I've experienced.

Here's a sneak peek comparing the PD to LOK bogies pattern.

I'm going to do an evaluation over the next few days and will post up about it. Impressions, shooting, fit to the gun and weight.

20191101_135936_compress50.jpg

The top three pictures you posted didn’t go through. On the last picture, is that a PD palm swell or thin grip? Looks thicker than your Lok grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not buying anymore grips...I'm not buying anymore grips....I'm not buying anymore grips....

Okay, I'm actually really curious about these.  If they are just slightly thicker then the Henning's I'll probably bite.  

2 hours ago, B21 said:

I'm not buying anymore grips...I'm not buying anymore grips....I'm not buying anymore grips....

Okay, I'm actually really curious about these.  If they are just slightly thicker then the Henning's I'll probably bite.  

These are metal (aluminium) versions of their excellent CarbonX grips...they should be thicker in all the right places :) 

9 hours ago, DKnoch said:

The top three pictures you posted didn’t go through. On the last picture, is that a PD palm swell or thin grip? Looks thicker than your Lok grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some "issues" with posting.  Only got this one to go.

Its the thick version. I also have a thin set to play with.

I will say,  if you miss your grip on a draw, you ain't gonna just slide the gun around with these bad boys in place. 

These are "cost savers", because you won't ever need to buy pro-grip again!

And obviously, these are "in the raw" and not anodized. The ones he will sell will be anodized.

20191101_135627_compress87.jpg

Pretty happy with them...... a few small tweaks in both models as well as some material removal to lighten them up some and we’re good to go. 

31 minutes ago, PatriotDefense said:

Pretty happy with them...... a few small tweaks in both models as well as some material removal to lighten them up some and we’re good to go. 

What price range are you expecting these to go for?

Interested in buying a set when available but will you be able to export to new Zealand please or is this restricted by USA export regulations?

Thanks and they look great.

Will be interested to see how they do as far as the screw staying tight without being torqued down enough to damage the grips. 

Anyone throw a set of calipers on these yet?  Curious on the actual thickness compared to the Henning grips, if they are just a touch thicker I'd be down for a few sets. 

I've ordered the thin grips and they're on their way. Very excited. Coming from a bunch of aggressive 2011 steel grips I am looking forward to a familiar texture.

fODTPf9l.jpg

Arrived today. Coming from the LOK thin grips, this is great! I have the slim ones and the texture is very reminiscent of my aggressive steel grips. Not quite as sharp and pointy as the SV aggressive or PT Evo, but a little more aggressive than SV standard micropocket. 

fODTPf9l.jpg

Arrived today. Coming from the LOK thin grips, this is great! I have the slim ones and the texture is very reminiscent of my aggressive steel grips. Not quite as sharp and pointy as the SV aggressive or PT Evo, but a little more aggressive than SV standard micropocket. 
Do you have pics from other angles? What mag release is that?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, himurax13 said:

What mag release is that?

Both mag release and safety are unica

@PatriotDefense

The back of the grips look great. That has been my no.1 complaint with other grips. No traction on the tail.

Are the new grips available for the new limited master with a magwell?

1 hour ago, ahfox32 said:

Are the new grips available for the new limited master with a magwell?

those are running this week. 

On 1/13/2020 at 3:45 PM, PatriotDefense said:

those are running this week. 

Can you put a link on here where these can be ordered? I want the thin ones. Thanks