Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Saucony trail shoes

nikdanja

Wanted to try these out instead of the over priced regular shoes. Boombah’s are to narrow. So far I really like these shoes and you can get them on amazon for about $75 bucks. 

Check them hem out if you’re in the market. 

22 minutes ago, nikdanja said:

Wanted to try these out instead of the over priced regular shoes. Boombah’s are to narrow. So far I really like these shoes and you can get them on amazon for about $75 bucks. 

Check them hem out if you’re in the market. 

I will second this. I too found the boombahs very narrow in the toes so I purchased Saucony. So far they have been way more comfortable. 

I tried Saucony trail running shoes last year, but within about 3 months (10-12 matches), the little diamonds between the rubber "cleats" started falling away and they are no longer waterproof.  They're comfortable, but didn't last long at all...esp for the $120 that I paid for them.

Went Boombah right after that and haven't looked back since!  I could get 2-3 pairs of Boombahs for the same money as the Saucony trail shoes. I have 30+ matches on my first pair (including several 2-3 days majors) with over 1/2 of the tread left on them.  My 2nd pair of Boombahs is still in mint condition for when I need them.

BTW, I also have wide feet and have found that relacing the shoes without laces in the bottom-most pair of eyes (the ones closest to the toes) really opens them up.  Doing this with Salomons meant that I could wear their normal width shoes (before they offered wide widths).

On 11/1/2019 at 11:04 AM, N3WWN said:

I tried Saucony trail running shoes last year, but within about 3 months (10-12 matches), the little diamonds between the rubber "cleats" started falling away and they are no longer waterproof.  They're comfortable, but didn't last long at all...esp for the $120 that I paid for them.

Went Boombah right after that and haven't looked back since!  I could get 2-3 pairs of Boombahs for the same money as the Saucony trail shoes. I have 30+ matches on my first pair (including several 2-3 days majors) with over 1/2 of the tread left on them.  My 2nd pair of Boombahs is still in mint condition for when I need them.

BTW, I also have wide feet and have found that relacing the shoes without laces in the bottom-most pair of eyes (the ones closest to the toes) really opens them up.  Doing this with Salomons meant that I could wear their normal width shoes (before they offered wide widths).

I bought the Saucony tr12 trail for $40 about a month ago and use them in 2 matches. I like them so far but can't speak to longevity. 

i will try relacing the boombahs (can't believe I never thought of that) as I really like the tread. Thanks for the advice. 

I’ve been using a pair of the Saucony Peregrine 8’s for this past season and they’ve been great. They’ve held up really well and are very comfortable, the lug design has been great on all types of terrain. Would buy them again for sure.

5 hours ago, Malarky112 said:

I don’t remember the brand but I purchased a pair of trail running shoes from sierratradingpost. They’re kind of like the TJ Max of online sales. $35 and have performed well for 2 years now 

My buddy buys his shoes from there. Inov8. He really likes them

• 1 year later...