Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45* Offset Dots - What Do You Run?

For the PCC'ers running offset dots what dot are you running?  Optic/MOA?

I am seriously considering adding one for next year, there are occasions almost every match around me that there are some really hard leans that cause me to take too many extra shots, step out of bound and worst of all get a foot fault (happened on Sunday to me).  I'm not tall at all so that probably contributes to it being more of an issue.

I asked Max on FB what he thought about the Holosun HS407CO or one of those other sized dots and he recommended the HS510C (which I have seen in some pictures he runs offset) for the larger window size.

I value his opinion and he is a damn fine shooter, but not sure what to do.

So what do you guys run?

The 510 is my main PCC sight and is pretty large. I have a offset sight that is typical of a CO sized dot. It's an inexpensive ADE but has latest over a year with no issues. I'd prefer a taller opening like on a RTS-2 V5, SRO or Romeo 3Max. The 510 would fit the bill but is a lot heavier.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, phoenixsomd said:

The 510 is my main PCC sight and is pretty large.

Ya that is what I'm a little concerned about, thinking about changing out my C-More Railway for the 510 and adding the offset dot which is going to increase the weight enough.

Max does have a picture on his page of it...it's quite goofy looking but hey...if it works 😜

40297240_2225063161060251_37049176751939

Ya that is what I'm a little concerned about, thinking about changing out my C-More Railway for the 510 and adding the offset dot which is going to increase the weight enough.

Max does have a picture on his page of it...it's quite goofy looking but hey...if it works [emoji12]
40297240_2225063161060251_3704917675193925632_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&cachebreaker=hd&_nc_oc=AQlLpGIYrqnCVuNzGoi44EP3QsPWn--qQ6ulEfV_ejDV9P8pK3A1rtQdW3ojlqHndvc&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=e8ec74574880a0e180551e846617a75e&oe=5E59945D
He's been shooting a Limcat more recently and it doesn't have an offset sight, just the 510.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My first two seasons I was running a Vortex Razor 3moa on top and a Venom 3moa 45 offset.  I'm building a new PCC for next season and I'm testing out a new setup on my old PCC in the meantime.  Running the Vortex UH-1 as the primary and a 6moa Viper on the 45.  I like the speed of the circle dot setup on the UH-1, but it still has a 1moa center dot for precision.  I mostly shoot 2x4 in 3 gun, so I regularly shoot a lot longer shots than in USPSA and the finer dot is helpful for that.

IMG_0527.jpg

Edited by 1981Shooter

whatever cheap extra stuff i had in the spares box to be honest. i think on my jp i have a 8moa burris ff3 on my offset mount. the optic rests very near the rear of the ejection port.

Edited by rowdyb
On 11/6/2019 at 4:16 AM, Bwillis said:

It’s faster to not use one. 

2FF1F655-85A7-4DB8-A112-5045944FAE37.jpeg

This photo is only applicable if you are looking through your primary optic with the rifle turned (that is if you don't have a second sight mounted at 45˚ offset).

When you have a 45 offset mount, you zero the second optic while the rifle it turned at 45˚ and then you don't have to adjust your hold because the second optic is zeroed while the rifle is held at an angle.  So whenever you turn your rifle 45˚, you hold dead on.

@emjbe read my text above the picture. Substitute the word (one) with the phrase (a 45* offset). You are correct the picture illustrates poa for a primary optic on a rifle that is canted.

not me in the video below just a reference 

Edited by Bwillis

@Bwillis - Nice find on that video...  It helped me to watch it with the sound turned off...  easier to concentrate on the shooter's movements.

Tim (video shooter) is quite agile and changes between weak and strong shoulder quickly...  It emphasizes the need to practice the weak to strong shoulder move...  and back again if forced to do it in the middle of a stage.

On 11/1/2019 at 10:00 AM, Darqusoull13 said:

I am loving my SRO on a 45 degree offset! Trijicon reliability with a huge window. 

20191015_194145.jpg

I like it... Honestly, I hadn’t even considered that.

i had been running a 510 primary/507 secondary. Then I switched some things up and ended up using an original DeltaPoint (not Pro) because it was sitting on the workbench and kept using it because it was easy.  I have the 7.5 Triangle.